+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3434171;
    This sound sooo easy! I'm going to give them a try tonight.
    My only tip is that I would only cook to 238-240 degrees....any higher and it turns to caramel. Oh, and chop and toast the pecans first....350 degrees for about 8 minutes....

I used a recipe from Emeril Lagasse last night.

Creamy Pecan Pralines

Ingredients
    1 cup light brown sugar
    1/2 cup granulated sugar
    1/2 cup heavy cream
    4 tablespoons unsalted butter
    2 tablespoons water
    1 cup pecan halves
    Directions
    In a heavy-bottomed saucepan, combine the light brown sugar, granulated sugar, heavy cream, butter, and water. Place over a medium-high heat and stir constantly until the pralines reach the softball stage, 238 to 240 degrees F. Add the pecans to the candy, and pull the pan off of the stove. Continue to stir the candy vigorously with a wooden spoon until the candy cools, and the pecans remain suspended in the candy, about 2 minutes. Spoon the pralines out onto a parchment or aluminum foil lined sheet pan and cool completely before serving.
    Creamy Pecan Pralines Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Food Network

My husband smoked some birds this weekend and we have an entire turkey breast leftover. Anybody have any ideas or easy recipes that could use up some of the turkey?
    One of these days I'll stop being sensitive. Until then, I'll continue to be devastated on a daily basis. Life breaks my heart.

After Christmas, I always do turkey pot pie or turkey enchiladas. This year, I did turkey panini instead of sandwiches.

Oh, and my mom always does an open-faced hot brown where she puts the turkey on toast, covers it with gravy.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

How about Turkey Marsala?

Heat olive oil in large skillet, add mushrooms, salt, pepper, and wine. Cook until mushrooms are tender, add turkey and cook until warmed through. Serve over rice or pasta.

I like this dish because you can experiment with different spices or herbs, or you can serve it pretty plain like above. Wine makes everything taste better! I've also used balsamic vinegar instead of wine.

How about a good old fashioned club sandwich? Mine is a little different than the classic one, I used turkey breast, cranberry sauce, thick sliced crisp cooked bacon, swiss cheese and avocado (optional) with your favorite bread toasted! I like mine with mayonnaise but the cranberry sauce gives it a nice flavor already.

Rolls

Wow. I haven't been on here in awhile. Its good to be back..hehe...

My boyfriend's step-mom's birthday dinner is Friday night and I was asked to bring rolls and dessert. For Dessert I am baking confetti cupcakes, putting icing on it and then sprinkles.

We had went to the store and bought those then the next day, one of his step-sister's texted me and told me change of plans, his step-mom wants lasagna and garlic bread, well I told her that I had already bought rolls and what if I just put garlic butter on it?

My question is...is it better to put the garlic butter on after the rolls cook or before you cook the rolls?

Re: Rolls

So, the rolls are not cooked? They're just dough at this point? If that is the case, you need to bake the rolls first then place the garlic butter on them. You can always just bake them half-way before doing so.
    Good luck!

If they're store bought, cooked rolls, then the garlic butter needs to go on before toasting/baking them.

Thanks. I bought them at the store, they are the bunny bread kind. not made yet. I went to wal-mart and couldn't find any garlic butter so it looks like I am just making rolls. and confetti cakes. Thank you to everyone for the advice

MRD

Garlic butter is easy to make. Take a couple cloves of garlic and mash them with a knife, add to a bowl, put in your butter, microwave until butter is melted, stir well and then brush the top of the rolls. The heat from the melting butter will help the oil from the garlic infuse it with garlic flavor.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread