+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Anyone got a recipe for...

Re: Anyone got a recipe for...

SO one more holiday to go...New Year's. Traditionally on NYE we have family night and play games etc and eat appatizers instead of a full on meal.

I've told them this year everyone has to plan and execute 2 apps. We shall see how that goes. Anyway I'm going to do a mini eggroll and I'm thinking of some kind of shrimp dip. So does anyone have a good recipe? Or maybe even a clam dip.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3256569;
    I've never tried these but one is called "the world's easiest":
    World's Easiest Maple Walnut Fudge Recipe : Recipezaar

And this one is called "Perfect"
    Perfect Maple Walnut Fudge
    Thank you for posting these. I did try the "Easiest" recipe. While it was easy, it tasted more like carmel then it did maple.
    I plan to try the "Perfect" recipe this next week. I'll let you all know how it goes!

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by livin4reality;3258440;
    SO one more holiday to go...New Year's. Traditionally on NYE we have family night and play games etc and eat appatizers instead of a full on meal.

I've told them this year everyone has to plan and execute 2 apps. We shall see how that goes. Anyway I'm going to do a mini eggroll and I'm thinking of some kind of shrimp dip. So does anyone have a good recipe? Or maybe even a clam dip.
    I have a yummy and easy shrimp recipe:

SHRIMP BUTTER

8 oz. cream cheese
    1 1/2 sticks butter
    2 - 5 1/2 oz. cans water packed shrimp (drained)
    juice of 1 lemon (3 Tbsp)
    1 Tbsp chopped onion
    4 Tbsp mayonnaise

Mix all ingredients together in blender or food processor until smooth, then chill for several hours before serving. Good with crackers or pita chips.

MRD

Easy clam dip.

2 packages of cream cheese softened.
    2 small cans of diced clams, drained, juice reserved
    salt and pepper to taste.

Using a mixer, cream the cream cheese and add clams. Add a tablespoon of juice at a time until the mixture reaches "dip" consistancy. Salt and pepper to taste. Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours for the flavors to "marry".
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Reading some of you talk about mimosas, I think I'd like to try it and maybe add it with my NY day tradition of eating Hoppin' John. I found how to make them online but thought those of you "skilled" at it () wouldn't mind sharing how you make them and does it matter what kind of champagne you use? I'm on a tight budget so can't buy any of the expensive brands.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I think using an expensive champagne would be unnecessary because you're going to be mixing it with juice anyway. If you want a really great mimosa, squeeze your orange juice just before you make them. It's a lot of work, but the fresh squeezed juice makes them so delicious!

MRD

Mimosas are a case where cheap champagne is fine. Our Christmas ones were made with $6.99 bottles of Champagne.
    I also buy my OJ as I can buy stuff that is pretty fresh.

I opt out of pulp OJ for Mimosas.

I usually mix mine 1/2 and 1/2, but you can adjust to your individual tastes. You can make them more festive by dropping a maraschino cherry in the glass, but we just opt for the champagne and OJ.

Anything labeled "Champagne" has to be from the Champagne region of France, under appellation regulations. If you're going to make mimosas, any not-totally-rotgut New York, California, or Columbia Valley sparkling white wine -- or cava, the Spanish version -- will do. A nice brunch "bubbly" cocktail, which is a nice change from the overdone mimosa, is a Bellini: prosecco with a splash of peach nectar.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

Well the term "champagne" to me is like Kleenex is to tissues. It's become a generic term for all bubbly wine no matter where it's from.

I think we actually had Asti Spumonte on Christmas day. Still it was $6.99 and it tasted fine in the Mimosas.

I like Bellini's too, but as we only do Mimosas a couple times a year, I don't find them overdone.

My mom came up with a couple variants on the Bellini one Easter (well, her or maybe Bon Appetit). One definitely called for raspberry juice in place of the peach, and I can't remember the other, but for some reason, lemon is sounding familiar.

Champagne and I do not get along, so now if I have it, I'll only have a couple sips. Otherwise, I always end up crying and/or angry. I usually substitute red wine or something hard.

+ Reply to Thread