+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: The Wedding Thread

Premium Member

Re: The Wedding Thread

My niece had both white and chocolate cupcakes at her wedding last spring. The display was really pretty and the cupcakes were delicious, plus it was so much easier dealing with the leftovers. They also had a small cake for them to cut together, the size of what would be the top tier of a normal wedding cake. She also had some really good ideas for entertaining all the kids during her reception. They had a big table set up in the back of the reception hall with all kinds of crafts to keep them busy, plus they gave out goodie bags to all the kids that included some fun little toys. After they threw the bouquet and garter, they had a candy toss and the kids kept whatever they could pick up. It was a lot of fun.

Most of the reception halls in Montreal and the surroundings offer a fake cake. Dessert is usually included in the meal, so there is no need to spend extra hundreds on a cake no one will eat. Although, if your heart is set on "cutting the cake", it's not for you.

Don't some of the fake cakes put a small real one on top so you can cut it?

I've never heard of that, but I'm sure it's possible, Unk.

Here's one:
    Home Page
    The Concept
    Wedding cakes are the center of any wedding party. The newly wed couples dream about their cake, however the cost of wedding cakes can skyrocket, also the possibility of falling over during transportation, heat and humidity for the outdoor weddings can be a major concern.
    How Does It Work?
    You can choose from many pre-designed cakes or you can design your own. You pay for the service and a deposit for the cake. The whole package will be shipped to you prior to the wedding date in a specially designed sturdy wooden box. You slide out the cake, place the edible portion during the wedding day and have your fun. After the wedding day, you slide the cake back into its box, drop it off at any shipping store (or ask for pickup) and that's it! As soon as we receive the box, we refund your deposit.
    Fun Cakes Rental
    2880 Remico St. SW
    Grandville, MI 49418
    616-530-4629
    myday@cakerental.com

Copyright ©2007, 2008
    All Rights Reserved
    We provide a service, where you can rent the beautifully designed centerpiece wedding cake. The main cake is covered with real fondant with the looks and feel of a real cake in every aspect, however the inside is made of foam and there is small compartment to place a small portion of edible cake for the ceremony (design of the cake and the special shipping container have "Patent Pending" status). After the couple's "feeding each other" act, the display cake is taken back into the kitchen and the guests are served regular sheet cakes from the local bakery or wholesale store.

Premium Member

Has anyone ever rented a chocolate fountain? We did for my son's wedding and it was a mess. It blew all 4 fuses that came with it, so we couldn't turn it on. The chocolate just sat there and got thicker and thicker as it cooled. I got stuck taking it apart and cleaning it at the end of the night and it was a huge nightmare of a mess. Fortunately, the rental place refunded the full amount we paid for it.

We just got married last December. It was very small and informal, but very sentimental. We got married in the same church that my parents were married in, but in the "parlor" which is named after my maternal grandmother. My mother had a duplicate of her bouquet made for me and that included the same prayer book that her grandmother had given her to carry on her wedding day. We had two little flower girls and they both picked their own outfits (one wore part of her ballerina costume) and a "flowerman" who was the 4 year old brother of one of the flowergirls and arrived at the church announcing that he was "superflowerman".... Very cute.

The date we chose was what would have been my great-grandparent's 101st wedding anniversary. In January, we went to a family reunion for my great-aunt's 90th birthday. She's the daughter of the great-grandparents whose anniversary we share. She gave us the BEST wedding present. It's a set of bride and groom salt and pepper shakers that were used as the cake topper at my great-grandparents 50th wedding anniversary in 1956. They look like a happy young bride and groom from the front and then when you turn them around, they have old, wrinkly faces and look like they've been married 50 years or more. LOL - that sounds scary as I re-read it, but they are really cute and were one of our favorite wedding presents.

We're headed off to San Francisco next week for Mr. Doxie's brother's huge formal wedding, and I'm sure that will be beautiful. However, we loved our little wedding (we had 15 people and 6 of those were kids) and we wouldn't have done anything differently.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I've never rented a chocolate fountain but I've been to several functions that had them and they ran smoothly and everyone enjoyed them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3193215;
    I've never rented a chocolate fountain but I've been to several functions that had them and they ran smoothly and everyone enjoyed them.
    I know, we had seen one at a bridal fair and it seemed like it would be really fun. The chocolate is delicious, especially when you dip the big marshmallows or strawberries in it. It was a huge disappointment when we had so much trouble with it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

onei0091, you were such a beautiful bride! Wow! I love the photo of your husband and you by the beautiful cake! The sheet cake idea sounds great. In my experince, wedding cakes never quite taste as good as they look! Did you feel you missed out on the cutting of the cake and all those pictures though? I enjoyed that part more than eating my cake!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast