+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 37 FirstFirst ... 232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

I have the Oxo manual can opener. I've had it for years. I prefer it to an electric one.

Critical I have on of those tiny measuring cups. Mine is glass. Best invention ever. It is easier for me to use than measuring spoons.
    I gave them as stocking stuffers to the cooks in my family.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    My NutriBullet is holding up fine. Occasionally the rubber ring comes out and makes a mess all over, so I try to make sure I check it each time before I use it.
    In the newer models the rubber ring is set permanently, you can't remove it.

I just ordered another NutriBullet. There is now a more powerful version (the 900 Pro) and it comes with 2 extractor blades (no milling blade) and a larger cup (32 oz in addition to the 24 oz "tall cup" and whatever the short cups are). It has been frustrating with the prior model not being able to include all the leafy greens I'd like to consume. Now I'll just need to figure out which one I want to keep at work.

Odd, though, the 900 isn't acknowledged on Nutribullet's main website.

I looked briefly at Vitamix. I don't think the NutriBullet is going to hold up as well, but I don't have $500 to spare at the moment.

Oh, I'd order the new one and give the other one to one of my kids or take it to work. If it's not on the website, where did you get it?
    Count your blessings!

If you google NutriBullet 900 Series you should come up with a variety of choices. I ordered from Bed Bath and Beyond.

The reviews I checked a few weeks ago indicated that NutriBullet's customer service wasn't great, and it was possible they would not honor a warranty unless you purchased it from them directly.

I'm glad yours has held up well. That's encouraging considering how much you use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    In the newer models the rubber ring is set permanently, you can't remove it.

I just ordered another NutriBullet. There is now a more powerful version (the 900 Pro) and it comes with 2 extractor blades (no milling blade) and a larger cup (32 oz in addition to the 24 oz "tall cup" and whatever the short cups are). It has been frustrating with the prior model not being able to include all the leafy greens I'd like to consume. Now I'll just need to figure out which one I want to keep at work.

Odd, though, the 900 isn't acknowledged on Nutribullet's main website.

I looked briefly at Vitamix. I don't think the NutriBullet is going to hold up as well, but I don't have $500 to spare at the moment.
    I bought our vitamix 2 years ago when my 4th in our marriage blender died. A big investment for sure but it is used everyday at least once and it is like new. What I didn't know at the time was how much I would have saved by buying through Costco instead of the vitamix site.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

I just got a set of stacking seed sprouters for the kitchen and an assortment of seeds to sprout. I love fresh sprouts but the ones I've been getting at the grocery store have not been fresh. I used to do a lot of sprouting with mason jars and cheesecloth, but my daughter sent me a link to a stackable set and I found a similar one on Amazon.
    Amazon.com: Victorio VKP1014 4-Tray Kitchen Seed Sprouter: Home & Kitchen
    Count your blessings!

My brother always did his sprouts in mason jars, although he probably would have loved that stacking one, Gut!

I just got a new teapot. I've got a porcelain one with a strainer in it, but even with a tea cozy, the tea gets cold too quickly. My new one is insulated like a thermos, but also has it's own strainer. I LOVE IT! The tea stays hot for so much longer and it's a little bigger than my old one.

My next wish list item is this: Tea Maker - Zama Tea Company, Online Tea Shop
    You brew the tea in the glass and the strainer covers the bottom. When it's done steeping, you put it over a cup/mug and the tea pours out the bottom. SO cool! I'm going to buy one when the weather heats up a bit. BTW - I bought some really good tea (as well as my new teapot) from that same company over the holidays. They have some original blends, including the Butterscotch Delight, which is fabulous! The owner was so nice and I love supporting small companies.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, I have something similar to that tea maker...except it makes a small pot ;-) It's great for making iced tea because I can make it really strong for pouring over ice.

And Butterscotch Delight sounds really yummy.

That's fancy! I have 2 trays of alfalfa sprouts started. I'll stagger another kind after a couple of days so they're not all ready at the same time.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    Critical, I have something similar to that tea maker...except it makes a small pot ;-) It's great for making iced tea because I can make it really strong for pouring over ice.

And Butterscotch Delight sounds really yummy.
    The butterscotch tea is really good. It's a white tea, so it's got a lighter flavor. It smells amazing.
    Butterscotch Delight
    They make a black tea with peach and vanilla that is SO good. I'm planning on buying more tea from them the next time I'm in Southern California.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread