+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 45 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Yes, I did get my NutriBullet after you did, Gutmutter, and by golly it DID include an extractor blade. (It was so long arriving I thought maybe they finally found one of the old versions in a back room.) The extractor was screwed onto one of the smaller cups that I never use, so I apparently mistook it for just a cap. Maybe I can stop shipment on what I ordered over the weekend. If not, I have an extra.

I tried it this morning. Put a little more in the large cup than usual, and a few raspberries which is new for me. I don't think it worked as well as the milling blade. At least it didn't pulverize the raspberry seeds, but maybe it wouldn't have any.

It's still what I use to make up my lunch, kind of a thick slop I eat with a spoon. I'm still happy with the unit.

My drink today was frozen bananas, pea protein powder, raw coco powder, and sesame seeds. Boy did that pick me up! And it was yummy.
    Count your blessings!

I ended up getting my mom the basic Keurig, however, it's a step up from my model as it has 3 size settings and a clear water reserve. She's happy. I found it on SALE at Walmart for $98.00! I don't think that price can be beat anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I ended up getting my mom the basic Keurig, however, it's a step up from my model as it has 3 size settings and a clear water reserve. She's happy. I found it on SALE at Walmart for $98.00! I don't think that price can be beat anywhere.
    And we ended up ordering the same one from Walmart. Awaiting delivery.

I am a little disappointed that there is no sugar free hot chocolate in K-cups ... but many herbal tea varieties ... and of course lots of coffee varieties. I am excited now.

Thanks for all your research and help Debb.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I'm always keeping my eyes open for deals. Last week I was in Khols, and noticed they had the same Keurig for $119.00, although, those with coupons, may have gotten some more off. I don't shop there often, but recall they send coupons in the mail, I think.

I looked at a lot of their kitchen ware and it it looked pretty expensive to me, though they did have a nice selection.

I found these K-cups by Gevalia called Mocha Latte, that says they're new. It's a 2 step process, but so simple. It's a K-cup of the hot drink and you put this packet of stuff in the cup, before the hot drink hits it. My mother said it was fantastic, and better than any Latte she has had at Starbucks! I don't know about that, but I'm going to treat myself to one later this afternoon and see for myself. I was surprised that it only has 15 carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 80 calories! I thought it would be much higher.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-06-2013 at 02:55 PM.

I'm always keeping my eyes open for deals. Last week I was in Khols, and noticed they had the same Keurig for $119.00, although, those with coupons, may have gotten some more off. I don't shop there often, but recall they send coupons in the mail, I think.

I looked at a lot of their kitchen ware and it it looked pretty expensive to me, though they did have a nice selection.

I found these K-cups by Gevalia called Mocha Latte, that says they're new. It's a 2 step process, but so simple. It's a K-cup of the hot drink and you put this packet of stuff in the cup, before the hot drink hits it. My mother said it was fantastic, and better than any Latte she has had at Starbucks! I don't know about that, but I'm going to treat myself to one later this afternoon and see for myself. I was surprised that it only has 15 carbs, 2 grams of fat, and 80 calories! I thought it would be much higher.
    I am using my new ... first Koffee Pot ... and so far I am very happy with it. It's slightly bigger than I expected ... but fine. I wish my kitchen would have had room for an appliance garage ... but the coffee is superb.

Mohandas Gandhi

Ref. the K-cup coffee packs. My brother said that if you go to the Keurig website and register your coffee system, and order the k-packs there, they will give you some free coffee and some good deals. I intend to do that.

I also went on line to get coupons for Staples, since I had to get some supplies and found one that had $5.00 off your coffee purchase of $15.00 or more. They had a pretty good selection too, including Pumpkin, Gingerbread and Apple Cider!

Walmart also had good deals on the K-cups. I haven't tried Sam's Club or Costco. I want to try the Starbucks brand K-cups, but I imagine they are not cheap.

Ref. the K-cup coffee packs. My brother said that if you go to the Keurig website and register your coffee system, and order the k-packs there, they will give you some free coffee and some good deals. I intend to do that.

I also went on line to get coupons for Staples, since I had to get some supplies and found one that had $5.00 off your coffee purchase of $15.00 or more. They had a pretty good selection too, including Pumpkin, Gingerbread and Apple Cider!

Walmart also had good deals on the K-cups. I haven't tried Sam's Club or Costco. I want to try the Starbucks brand K-cups, but I imagine they are not cheap.
    Thanks again Debb ... I went and bought just some regular coffee and also intend to register it.

To get the free coffee after registration ... I think you you have to buy 3, 24=count boxes of k-cups if I read it correctly.

I still intend to register it ... but I have to call and ask them how to register as a "gift" to me.

Mohandas Gandhi

I just stayed at a B&B in Vermont that had a Keurig coffee maker in the common room. It was really nice to have good coffee as early as I get up without the pathetically weak hotel coffee makers I usually have to deal with. The only problem was that it made very little coffee. I had to run it 2 or 3 times to get my morning fix.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I just stayed at a B&B in Vermont that had a Keurig coffee maker in the common room. It was really nice to have good coffee as early as I get up without the pathetically weak hotel coffee makers I usually have to deal with. The only problem was that it made very little coffee. I had to run it 2 or 3 times to get my morning fix.
    I'm surprised that there weren't some size choices .... but I am presuming since it was a B & B ... it was a home brewer and not commercial?

Actually, the "large" size cup mine is a tad less than 10 ounces. I usually drink a larger cup than that ... so I find myself making a second cup.

It may have something to do with the water reservoir capacity too.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread