+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

I use it every day for my school lunch. In the morning, I make my coffee and breakfast and then make a shake with fruits, a few veggies, and then some add-in like spirulina powder, bee pollen, flax seed, etc. I often am too busy to sit and eat lunch, but when our team meets over lunch, I drink that and eat almonds or an apple.
    Count your blessings!

Took a month for the Nutri-Bullet to ship. I keep it at work. When I arrive I make up a batch that I sip over the day. It's just noisy enough I want to finish before too many people arrive at work. It's what I eat until I go home, along with some carrots, cottage cheese and an apple. It's been working great once I conceded I should not fill pass the "max" line. (I hate when instructions turn out to be correct, LOL.)

So far I am doing broccoli, either spinach or Swiss chard, a small banana, 1/3 avocado, 2 tbsp sunflower seeds, 3 pitted dates, 3 packets of Splenda for a little extra sweetness, and then fill to the line with a small can of tomato juice. It doesn't accommodate as much broccoli and spinach as I would like, my only beef with it. It's sludge when it first comes out so I add a lot of ice water. I call it my motor oil shake.

Sounds like you need to add more liquid. Even just water will loosen up the sludge. I like your ingredients, though. I tend to do more fruit, cut with veggies.
    Count your blessings!

I'm trying to squeeze as much as I can below the "max" line and that does result in it being quite thick. So when I finish I pour it into a very tall glass and then add quite a bit of water until it's at an acceptable consistency.

Sometime soon I'll take another look at Furhman's smoothie recipes. The Furhman ones I tried making in a blender I hated. Also hated the cleanup. As you have said, clean up of the Nutri-Bullet is a snap so no inconvenience.

In the beginning, I wished the Nutri-Bullet was a little larger, but now I'm trying to cut down on portion sizes, so it helps me that way.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Newbie

Microwave

I happened to catch a show about the difference between real Belgian waffles and American "Belgian" waffles about a week before we went to Belgium. Total coincidence. I don't think we had even decided on Belgium at that point. But when we got there, I knew what to look for in an authentic waffle... a sugar crunch inside and caramelized sugar on the outside... because they use pearl sugar and a yeast batter. Anyway, after we got back I researched the recipe and ordered the pearl sugar and a stove-top Belgian waffle maker from Amazon... for me and my daughter, both. It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday. I can't wait to try it!
    Amazon.com: NordicWare 15040 Cast Aluminum Stovetop Belgium Waffle Iron: Home & Kitchen
    Count your blessings!

Does anyone have a upgraded verision of the Keurig Coffee Maker? I have the basic one and it does great. You can make hot chocolate with mine, but I never have. It cost about $119.00 and am completely satisfied.

Now, my mom wants one. She was looking at various models in a catalog. I've looked on line, but can't determine just how the various models work. She wants one that also makes ICED TEA. Does anyone know how that works? I'm trying to see if there is any real difference in these models. The K75 model which is called a Brewing System runs around $175.00, yet the description on Amazon doesn't seem to describe that it does much more than the basic one. It looks similar too.

I would appreciate any input.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Does anyone have a upgraded verision of the Keurig Coffee Maker? I have the basic one and it does great. You can make hot chocolate with mine, but I never have. It cost about $119.00 and am completely satisfied.

Now, my mom wants one. She was looking at various models in a catalog. I've looked on line, but can't determine just how the various models work. She wants one that also makes ICED TEA. Does anyone know how that works? I'm trying to see if there is any real difference in these models. The K75 model which is called a Brewing System runs around $175.00, yet the description on Amazon doesn't seem to describe that it does much more than the basic one. It looks similar too.

I would appreciate any input.

If you look here: Keurig® Brewers, K-Cup® Coffee Makers for Your Home - Keurig.com ... Thr Platinum and platinum plus both mention iced beverages. But it's mentioned elsewhere that you can "brew over ice with just about any model."

I have been wanting a keurig for years and I can never decide so I still don't have one!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks. I talked to my brother and he has a couple of models. He got two and keeps one at work and one at home. According to him, the basic one is just as good. One that he has makes the foam for your latte's. I think I might like that, but not sure if I'd use it enough to make it worth the money. I think my mom might though.

I love my basic one and have used it at work for several years. It's one of the best purchases I have ever made.

+ Reply to Thread