+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1819202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Do you mean do the benefits of fiber remain if you put the fruit or veggie into a juicer or blender? If so, then no.

When you juice something, all of the fiber is broken down. You still get the vitamins, but with fruit, you also get a lot of sugar....without the fiber that makes fruit more than just a shot of sugar.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Do you mean do the benefits of fiber remain if you put the fruit or veggie into a juicer or blender? If so, then no. When you juice something, all of the fiber is broken down. You still get the vitamins, but with fruit, you also get a lot of sugar....without the fiber that makes fruit more than just a shot of sugar.
    No, I mean if it's still present but in pulverized form, such as with the NutriBullet. It's not the same as juicing, where a considerable portion is thrown away (which is why I'm not interested in juicing). The NutriBullet reduces all the ingredients to strainable liquids.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    I succumbed to the infomercial yesterday and ordered the NutriBullet. Relieved to see someone here thinks it's ok! LOL I have wanted a blender that really pulverized, recalled that the Magic Bullet is well liked (in my cat care circles), and thought this might be the answer for considerably less than the high end blenders would cost. Plus it looks easy to clean.
    I can't wait to hear how you like the NutriBullet. I use mine every day and love it. Pulverizing the fiber doesn't get rid of it like a juicer. Think of Mucinex if you've ever used that... it dissolves into a drink or water, but it's still fiber. The NutriBullet doesn't turn stuff into juice the way a juicer does, it just blends it a little finer. All the good stuff is still there.
    The one thing I would caution you about is to be sure to get the container and the blade cap tightly screwed together. It is a little bit stiff to get apart, but if you don't, there could be spillage. And every once in a while, poke at the rubber ring to make sure it's securely seated so you're getting a good seal.
    It is wicked easy to clean. I just rinse both parts after every use and leave upside down to drain. Then when I do the dishes, I give it a good soaped scrub. It's a good size - not too big, not too small.
    Count your blessings!

Thanks, Gutmutter

And I can only imagine why you're concerned about a good seal. ;^)

Looking through the online manual it sounds a lot like Joel Fuhrman's general approach, but much heavier on fruit than veggies (so more sugar than I had in mind). And of course the improvements assume you will completely revamp how you're eating, not just making a NutriBlast once or twice a day.

Never heard of a Nutri Bullet.

I'll stick with eating my produce whole....or at least not pulverized.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

The Official NutriBullet Website. It releases nutrients not available when eating produce whole. More bioavailability.

[that's cool, I put in the URL and it converted itself to the website name...!]

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

I looked NutriBullet up recently when I heard someone mention it (and now I have NutriBullet ads showing up everywhere!). I prefer eating my foods whole as well. I think the act of chewing provides some of the satisfaction of eating. Plus, think of the extra calories you spend chewing the food as opposed to just swallowing it!
    Critical likes this.

I'm with you, Kip. I HAAAATE vegetable juice, even when they try to hide it by adding fruit juice as well. I always feel sick after drinking it.

I tend to be skeptical about all of these products. I try to eat a balanced diet, so I'm not going to worry about getting more vitamins out of my vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm with you, Kip. I HAAAATE vegetable juice, even when they try to hide it by adding fruit juice as well. I always feel sick after drinking it.

I tend to be skeptical about all of these products. I try to eat a balanced diet, so I'm not going to worry about getting more vitamins out of my vegetables.
    I enjoy a glass of V8 original not the fruity one- slice of celery yum. Better still a glass of tomato with some ice and a splash of vodka
    Ellen likes this.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by tbamom View Post
    I enjoy a glass of V8 original not the fruity one- slice of celery yum. Better still a glass of tomato with some ice and a splash of vodka
    I prefer clamato juice and vodka, with a salted rim= caesars
    tbamom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread