+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 45 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Good tip about the mugs and the prices going down. I definitely would prefer separate pieces too.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I love my Fiesta ware , the colors are so bright and cheerful, how can you not smile when you set a table with them. They remind me of a brand new box of crayons. Over time, I have gotten a place setting in each color. I couldn't decide. I watch the sales and markdown tables and have been able to add pieces that way. The darker colors, show scratches more than the lighter colors (character lines ) but all in all, they have been very sturdy dishes and I have been pleased.

Dillard's department store is having a sale on Fiesta 9/6/09 - 9/20/09, a 5-piece place setting, which includes; cup, saucer, salad plate, bowl and dinner plate for $24.00. If you buy (4) place settings, you get the 5th one free, which makes the price $19.20 a place setting. The offer is good only in store or by calling 1-800-345-5273. They have all the colors except white and turquoise, those are online only. Dillard's - The Style of Your Life - Fashion's best apparel, shoe and beauty brands The other pieces are on sale too. They have a new color Lemongrass, a lime green. I was in Macy's, and found a teapot, and serving platter and bowl that had all been marked half off and then they were having an extra 30% off Labor Day sale, plus 15% one day sale. Fiesta also has a website The Homer Laughlin China Co. you might want to check out.

The new lemongrass color is beautiful, ITG! My mom is going to buy a few plates to pair with the chocolate brown. So gorgeous!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3697333;
    The new lemongrass color is beautiful, ITG! My mom is going to buy a few plates to pair with the chocolate brown. So gorgeous!
    They had those two colors paired together on the display at Dillard's and they do make a great combination. The Ivory and Chocolate look good too.

Critical, I got a few sets today - 5 piece set at the lower $21.99 price, then an extra 20% off by using my Macys card online and free shipping, so $16 something each. At that price, I'll deal with the cups! Thanks for the reminder to do a Macys card specials search, saved me some big money!
    Wag more, bark less

Cool! My mom told me about that Macy's special too. She got a $10 off any $25 purchase coupon in the mail, so she'll get a good deal too. Gotta love those Macy's coupons!

I think the cup in the 5-piece place setting (the one that comes with a cup and saucer vs. a mug) might be easier to use. Like I said, the coffee mug is very cool looking, but the handle is so small that you can only get one finger in there, so it's very awkward to carry. Form over function, I guess
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I'm just so happy I finally found something I love enough to pull the trigger on moving past my Corelle set from my wedding 13 years ago! I told myself at the time it was a starter set, silly me. I have a big plate, rimmed bowl and smaller bowl at the office and love them and have been waiting for incentive like these sales ever since.

I went into Macys this morning to get a color they didn't have online and for $5 they are selling coupons to use on a day in October for 20% off any purchase. If you hesitate like the woman in front of me did, they throw in another $10 off your purchase today coupon that I could use in addition to the one I had that your mom got! Let your mom know, it got me two five piece sets for a total of $28, plus the $5 I spent for the other coupon goes to charity, but I feel like I didn't spend it since $10 came off today's purchase.
    Last edited by Jamie5632; 09-11-2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Wag more, bark less

The cup in the 5 piece place setting is small, I think they call it a teacup. You can purchase a Java mug, it has a larger handle and is easier to hold. They sell them separately.
    Welcome to the Fiesta family Jamie5632

I took the plunge and ordered a few sets online. The store near me didn't have much stock so I took the online option to get the exact colors I wanted. The 4-pc. is down to $20.99 in their one day sale. You get $15 off if you sign up on macys.com for email notifications, plus I will get 10% off my statement for opening a new card.

Now to clear out the cabinets, yay!
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Hep! What colors did you get?

I'll have to tell my mom about that deal. I wonder if she's already signed up for email notifications.

+ Reply to Thread