+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Re: Kitchen Gadgets and Gizmos

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;3201866;
    I've had my glass top for about 5 years. The only time I've damaged it is from leaving a plastic utensil on it and turning on the wrong burner. The plastic melted into it and ended up pulling up some little chips of the glass while cleaning it off. It didn't affect it otherwise, everything still works fine.
    Glad I read the above! I'm still getting used to my glass top when we moved to this house 2 years ago! Since the top is black, I am always turning on the wrong burner! The worst thing that happened was when I bought a frying pan which was "red coated". I smelled something burning and when I picked up the pan, the red paint was embedded in the burner! Luckily after soaking with windex and later ceramic glass cleaner for a few hours, I was able to wipe it off! Now I need to buy another new frying pan. Any suggestions?

MRD

I can't believe this, but I had a dream about the Le Creuset cookware. In the dream, we were decideding what size and colors to buy.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hope this is a good place to put this request.

I'm looking to upgrade my crock pot / slow cooker. I currently have a 3.5 quart one that is pretty small for our family of 4 (including a teenage boy) if I want leftovers. I want at least 5 quarts, perhaps 6 quarts.

I had a friend rave to me about her new one that automatically turns down to warm when it is done, but she couldn't remember the name of it. She said she'd get back to me, but......

I'm thinking that it was the Crock-Pot Smart-Pot. Do any of you have any experience with this model? Or do you have another model to suggest. Thanks!!!!
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Veejer, when I get back to my apartment, I'll report back on my model. My one criticism of mine is that the bottom is not flat, it's rounded. But you can brown the meat right in the pot, and everything is dishwasher-safe, two big pluses in my book.

Anyone have a good cheese slicer? We're forever breaking the handle off of ours.

Veejer - we have a large crock pot made by Rival. It does turn itself down to "warm" after the set cooking time is up. It's stainless steel on the outside and the removable crock is black. We've had it about 5 years and no complaints! I'm pretty sure we purchased it at Target.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I bought a 'Cooks" slow cooker that is programmable to cook for a certain time, ten hold the food at 'warm', and it's really big--6.5 quarts I think. I got it at JCPenney. Its 'regular price' is 79.99, but they mark it down to 39.99 all the time. I also like that the'crock' part comes out for easy washing.
    Last edited by queenb; 11-30-2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: fact check
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I caught an infomercial for the TurknSurf, electric indoor turkey fryer/food steamer. Has anyone used this or a similar product? It looks like something I'd use. You can fry a turkey indoors, steam a low country boil or other foods, and lots of other recipes. I like the large size of it because I have a big extended family and this would be good for get-togethers. It's $150 though plus s/h so maybe there is a similar product in stores.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

I bought the Bialetti Hot Chocolate Pot and I LOVE IT!! I was in Williams-Sonoma one day and they were serving hot chocolate using this machine, I caved and bought it. No, the microwave is NOT just as good! With this I pour in the milk, add the chocolate, turn it on. While the milk is heating and frothing, the chocolate is melting and it is all getting mixed up perfectly I get the cups out, make some buttered toast and it all is ready at the same time!!! LOVE IT!
    I also make Green Tea Lattes just like they have at Starbucks!!

Bialetti Hot Chocolate Pot | Williams-Sonoma

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;3242743;
    I hope this is a good place to put this request.

I'm looking to upgrade my crock pot / slow cooker. I currently have a 3.5 quart one that is pretty small for our family of 4 (including a teenage boy) if I want leftovers. I want at least 5 quarts, perhaps 6 quarts.

I had a friend rave to me about her new one that automatically turns down to warm when it is done, but she couldn't remember the name of it. She said she'd get back to me, but......

I'm thinking that it was the Crock-Pot Smart-Pot. Do any of you have any experience with this model? Or do you have another model to suggest. Thanks!!!!
    I have a Rival Smart Pot that has a removable white ceramic pot and it works very well. It wasn't expensive either although I can't remember the price as I got it a few years ago. It has two cooking temps and a timer to program. When the time is up is reverts to the warm setting. I recommend it as I have had no problems with it.

I am really sick of chipped dishes. My SIL said to try Fiestaware, but it's definitely priced as an investment. Has anyone had Fiestaware a long time and can attest to it being chip resistant?
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread