+ Reply to Thread
Page 97 of 469 FirstFirst ... 4787888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106107147197 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I got over any inclination I ever had to buy candy from a bulk bin...especially if it's unwrapped...after I witnessed 2 little groady kids (boys, at that...not that girls would be any better!) staring at the candies, and then make a huge grab in the bin with their nasty little hands. Their mother had gone on with her shopping, and saw nothing. I just stood there and stared at them; in a strong voice I said to them "I Saw Exactly What You Just Did!" They took off!

No more candy from the bulk bin for me! I'm sure there are adults that do that, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Have you had Publix fried chicken? It is really good ,always crispy, moist and not to greasy...you can get 8 pieces, 2 side dishes and rolls. We pick this up for a fast meal.

MRD

Publix has great fried chicken and we get it at least once a month. We like that we can get a package of all dark meat as no one wants the breast anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3411816;
    I got over any inclination I ever had to buy candy from a bulk bin...especially if it's unwrapped...after I witnessed 2 little groady kids (boys, at that...not that girls would be any better!) staring at the candies, and then make a huge grab in the bin with their nasty little hands. Their mother had gone on with her shopping, and saw nothing. I just stood there and stared at them; in a strong voice I said to them "I Saw Exactly What You Just Did!" They took off!

No more candy from the bulk bin for me! I'm sure there are adults that do that, too.
    oh good lord - that is why I never do bulk stuff like that. And why I cannot do salad bars. Or buffets. or anything like that. I am such a germo-phobe - started when I had a weakened immune system from a long term illness - now it has just become a phobia.

though I prefer to call it a severe safety habit.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Eww! I am so glad I don't buy bulk candy! It reminds me of when we were kids and they would throw candy on the streets during parades and all of the kids (us) would go out and grab it and eat it off the street. No way I will let my kids do that!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

OK, you (mrd and inthegarden) have me craving fried chicken!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3412855;
    OK, you (mrd and inthegarden) have me craving fried chicken!!!
    This thread can be SUCH a bad influence.

When I was a kid, I liked my mom's fried chicken, as it was moist, yet not greasy.
    Then, my sister worked at KFC in high school.
    I have not touched fried chicken since then.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

So my brother that I haven't seen in 3 years is coming to visit this weekend and his request is either fried chicken or chicken and dumplings. I think he's getting chicken and dumplings as I can do the chicken in the crockpot as opposed to standing at the stove for 2 hours frying it. (I honestly don't know HOW my grandmother did that on a regular basis)
    He never gets to eat "Southern" as his wife won't cook that way and refuses to let him eat that way when she's around. So he's coming alone and so far he's requested deviled eggs, the chicken, fried green tomatos and cobbler. Poor guy. Guess it's been 3 years since he had any of the food he grew up on.
    I'm going to take him to a real homestyle "meat and three" restaurant for breakfast on Sun.: grits, country ham, red eye gravy, fried fatback, eggs any way (just no omelettes), etc.
    I'll probably have to put him in the plane on Mon in a fat induced coma.

What is fatback?

Is it anything like pigs feet? I tried a pigs foot once, since so many people I know seem to love them, and it was, basically, nothing but FAT! I can't imagine anyone wanting to eat that thing. Super-Gross!!

At least I can say that I tried it and I didn't like it. I believe in trying something before I declare it gross!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-17-2009 at 11:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread