+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 496 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144194 ... LastLast
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3403411;
    There's a Penzey's in Alabama? And why did you get one, and I didn't? When do you want me to come--I'll even look up another house 'o trivia!

Anyone who doubts the power of Penzey's should order the following..

Vietnamese Cinnamon
    Smoked Spanish Paprika
    Any of the Chili Powders

I guarantee you will be hooked right away!
    If you're going to B'ham for Penzey's, Trivia and Doxie, better clean out your car as I'm hitcing a ride. What time should I be in 'lanta for the trip to 'bama???
    Maybe Doxie and Mr. Doxie will take us to the infamous Birmingham "Chinatown" I've been hearing so much about.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3403488;
    If you're going to B'ham for Penzey's, Trivia and Doxie, better clean out your car as I'm hitcing a ride. What time should I be in 'lanta for the trip to 'bama???
    Maybe Doxie and Mr. Doxie will take us to the infamous Birmingham "Chinatown" I've been hearing so much about.
    Y'all are welcome to visit! We have a lot of fun festivals and things coming up before it gets hotter than hell and everyone locks themselves up in the AC. I was just informed by Mr. Doxie that Penzey's was GONE - I hadn't been by there in awhile. However, I looked at their website and was very happy to find out that they have just moved to a different location. Still fairly close to Casa Doxie!

AND - rumors are swirling that we may be getting a Trader Joe's!!!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

They have Trader Joes here; I checked it out after it opened and was unfortunately underwhelmed to say the least The Dekalb Market and Whole(paycheck) Foods are more fun to me. I will have to get out to AL to go to Penzeys, I am getting low on nutmeg now but am unfortunately full on everything else, so I''m not quite ready. (Although I'm sure I could buy a basket full of new to me spices there!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3404580;
    They have Trader Joes here; I checked it out after it opened and was unfortunately underwhelmed to say the least
    I thought I was the only one. I've tried, and I just haven't been impressed. I do, however, love perusing the shelves/aisles at Balducci's, Dean and Deluca, Gourmet Garage, and of course, Zabar's (the last one particularly when I need some quality sticker shock).

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

I love Trader Joes - i have really bad allergies including some weird food allergies, and it is the one place where I can get things that are a bit 'odd' or that don't have ingredients my body can't tolerate. We have a Whole Foods as well, but it is much more expensive and out of the way. I do go there about once every 6 weeks for a few items I can only get there, but Trader's is my usual grocery store.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3405115;
    I thought I was the only one. I've tried, and I just haven't been impressed. I do, however, love perusing the shelves/aisles at Balducci's, Dean and Deluca, Gourmet Garage, and of course, Zabar's (the last one particularly when I need some quality sticker shock).

Zabar's is amazing. We have nothing like it in So. Ca.
    If I lived near it, I'd be fat and broke.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3405751;
    Zabar's is amazing. We have nothing like it in So. Ca.
    If I lived near it, I'd be fat and broke.
    Sort of like me and the Fresh Market that is 1/2 mile from my house. I seriously have to make myself drive past it to the regular grocery store.
    My daughter wanted me to buy her a $35 box of Godiva Chocolates. Uh, NO!!!!! I don't take her to FM anymore now.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3405743;
    . . . We have a Whole Foods as well, but it is much more expensive and out of the way. I do go there about once every 6 weeks for a few items I can only get there, but Trader's is my usual grocery store.
    Ours, too. For the "exotic" stuff, there are plenty of Whole Foods and fancy little boutique specialty food stores of all kinds within a stone's throw from here. I love the fact, though, that I can go to TJ's for regular, reasonably priced usual grocery stuff -- but with brands (not just ONE brand, but a real choice!) that don't contain the crap I avoid such as trans-fats, high-fructose corn syrup, etc. in foods, as well as more than one brand of shampoo, soaps, and other personal care items that don't contain sulfates and stuff that trigger skin allergies.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3405832;
    Sort of like me and the Fresh Market that is 1/2 mile from my house. I seriously have to make myself drive past it to the regular grocery store.
    My daughter wanted me to buy her a $35 box of Godiva Chocolates. Uh, NO!!!!! I don't take her to FM anymore now.
    MRD,
    If the Fresh Market is anything like Zabar's, I totally admire your willpower.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

MRD

I don't think FM is as expensive as Zabar's.

OK, I totally want to go to bacon camp and they also have free beer there. Now you CANNOT beat THAT!!!!

AT&T

The link is to the newstory on bacon camp, I don't know why it says AT&T.

+ Reply to Thread