+ Reply to Thread
Page 92 of 479 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142192 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

My husband will eat things that are almost 2 weeks old. No lie. He did this once with some stroganoff I had made and I kept telling him to throw it out. He finally threw it out after he ate some and got sick to his stomach. I now go in and throw away old food because he will always eat it if it doesn't smell bad!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just make sure his life insurance is paid up.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3401548;
    Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?
    I personally would throw any leftovers out on the third day. I won't eat any cooked food left in the fridge, period, after the fourth day. I've been hospitalized with food poisoning twice - with stomach cramps so severe they put Demerol in my IV -and I don't take chances at all.

buglover - that Stroganoff story reminds me of that old Simpsons episode where Homer refuses to throw out this rotting hero sandwich that started out some ten feet long. He'd hide it under the bed, tell Marge he wanted to be alone with the sandwich...
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3401548;
    Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?
    If it is still there 3 days after I make it - OUT it goes!

I don't remember anyone in my family or social circle EVER making egg salad. That seems strange. Guess that's why I've never had it. I had a chance to have some last week, and just didn't seem to get around to it. And I really do like eggs.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3400494;
    I also agree with MRD. The roasting bags will ensure a moist bird. The only thing that you don't typically get with them is the crispness on the skin. But, they are definitely juicy and moist.
    What I do is wait until the bird is very close to done, then peel back the bag, baste the breast, and turn the oven up to 400 for just 10-20 minutes or so depending on the bird to get the skin right. You have to watch it so as not to overdo it and dry the breast out, but it's easy since it's just for a few minutes.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I've been cooking turkeys for over 45 years, but never used the roasting bag. My daughter uses the roasting bags and her turkeys are always moist and brown, it always amazes me. I've not tried the bag as yet, but the next turkey I cook will be with roasting bag.

I use a ton of cilantro, but never much parsley. It always bugs me when a recipe calls for parsley because I end up thowing out more than I needed for the recipe, why can't we just buy sprigs of parsley instead of the big bunches? Interesting to read about parsely, thanks for posting that.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

MRD

Take your leftover fresh herbs and toss them in the food processor. Add just a touch of olive oil and process and then put them in ice cube trays and freeze. Once frozen, take out and put in storage bags and label. One cube is about 1 tbsp. of herb. Add frozen to soups and stews or thaw out and use in casseroles, etc.

Love, love, love, love eggsalad and it was a staple in my house growing up.

In the old Hee Haw vein: "Hey Grandpa, what's for dinner?"

We are celebrating hubby's birthday with big steaks, big baked potatos with sour cream, bacon bits, etc., homemade coleslaw with buttermilk dressing, yeast rolls, sauteed onions and mushrooms and chocolate cake for dessert. I will not have to eat again until Sun.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I ate a TON of egg salad in college because I lived in a small sorority house with 5 other girls and none of us could cook anything other than spaghetti. One of my favorite things to do with it is add a little paprika to the mix- it gives it a little bit of a 'deviled' egg flavor which is very tasty!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Has anyone used smoked paprika? What's that like?

+ Reply to Thread