+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 469 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3398558;
    It was a 17lb whole bird. My employer gave us all a free coupon for one at Christmas time and it was going to expire at the end of this month. Not something I will ever do again- I'm all for KFC!!!
    Sometimes a whole bird that size can be dry. I am very used to cooking turkey and the only time it has not been as good as when it's been a bigger bird.
    I also agree with MRD. The roasting bags will ensure a moist bird. The only thing that you don't typically get with them is the crispness on the skin. But, they are definitely juicy and moist.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought that if I were going to cook a turkey.....not highly likely, but.....I would cook 2 smaller birds instead of one huge one. Anyone ever do it that way?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Curly-leafed parsley is pretty, but doesn't have much flavor. Flat-leafed (or Italian) parsley, on the other hand, does have flavor. So I use curly parsley as a garnish, but use Italian as an ingredient.

Cilantro -- sometimes known as Mexican parsley -- is the ingredient used in Mexican dishes, including various salsas. It's not really parsley. In England it's often called coriander leaf (as opposed to coriander seed -- same plant, different parts, different flavors).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3400641;
    Curly-leafed parsley is pretty, but doesn't have much flavor. Flat-leafed (or Italian) parsley, on the other hand, does have flavor. So I use curly parsley as a garnish, but use Italian as an ingredient.

Cilantro -- sometimes known as Mexican parsley -- is the ingredient used in Mexican dishes, including various salsas. It's not really parsley. In England it's often called coriander leaf (as opposed to coriander seed -- same plant, different parts, different flavors).
    Whoops, my bad! I was totally thinking clilantro.

I'm totally craving bananas right now. Anyone ever had a 'monkey tail'? It is a frozen banana dipped in chocolate on a stick! Best use of a banana I have ever had!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3398617;

Well who knew you can burn stuff in the crockpot!?!
    Unfortunately, yours truly.

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Tonight for supper we had Pork Chops, Lima beans( I had planned on broccoli but it looked like they had used it to sweep the floor) and.... Crash Hot Potatoes... they were really good. Thank you all.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3400719;
    Whoops, my bad! I was totally thinking clilantro.

I'm totally craving bananas right now. Anyone ever had a 'monkey tail'? It is a frozen banana dipped in chocolate on a stick! Best use of a banana I have ever had!
    I love those, especially if they are rolled in chopped peanuts after dipping in chocolate.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I live by the old saying... When it doubt throw it out.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3401548;
    Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?
    I live by seven days for the oldest ingredient, myself. Excepting, of course, stuff that has an already approved exp date, such as mayo.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread