+ Reply to Thread
Page 91 of 469 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141191 ... LastLast
Results 901 to 910 of 4689
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

  1. #901
    FORT Fogey norealityhere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    8,139

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3398558;
    It was a 17lb whole bird. My employer gave us all a free coupon for one at Christmas time and it was going to expire at the end of this month. Not something I will ever do again- I'm all for KFC!!!
    Sometimes a whole bird that size can be dry. I am very used to cooking turkey and the only time it has not been as good as when it's been a bigger bird.
    I also agree with MRD. The roasting bags will ensure a moist bird. The only thing that you don't typically get with them is the crispness on the skin. But, they are definitely juicy and moist.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

  2. #902
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,085

    Re: General Food Talk

    I've always thought that if I were going to cook a turkey.....not highly likely, but.....I would cook 2 smaller birds instead of one huge one. Anyone ever do it that way?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  3. #903
    FORT Fogey Ellen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,032

    Re: General Food Talk

    Curly-leafed parsley is pretty, but doesn't have much flavor. Flat-leafed (or Italian) parsley, on the other hand, does have flavor. So I use curly parsley as a garnish, but use Italian as an ingredient.

    Cilantro -- sometimes known as Mexican parsley -- is the ingredient used in Mexican dishes, including various salsas. It's not really parsley. In England it's often called coriander leaf (as opposed to coriander seed -- same plant, different parts, different flavors).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

  4. #904
    FORT Fanatic CaliLily's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    689

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3400641;
    Curly-leafed parsley is pretty, but doesn't have much flavor. Flat-leafed (or Italian) parsley, on the other hand, does have flavor. So I use curly parsley as a garnish, but use Italian as an ingredient.

    Cilantro -- sometimes known as Mexican parsley -- is the ingredient used in Mexican dishes, including various salsas. It's not really parsley. In England it's often called coriander leaf (as opposed to coriander seed -- same plant, different parts, different flavors).
    Whoops, my bad! I was totally thinking clilantro.



    I'm totally craving bananas right now. Anyone ever had a 'monkey tail'? It is a frozen banana dipped in chocolate on a stick! Best use of a banana I have ever had!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

  5. #905
    FORT Fogey Missyboxers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    NYC
    Age
    31
    Posts
    4,038

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3398617;

    Well who knew you can burn stuff in the crockpot!?!
    Unfortunately, yours truly.

  6. #906
    FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,207

    Re: General Food Talk

    Tonight for supper we had Pork Chops, Lima beans( I had planned on broccoli but it looked like they had used it to sweep the floor) and.... Crash Hot Potatoes... they were really good. Thank you all.

  7. #907
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3400719;
    Whoops, my bad! I was totally thinking clilantro.



    I'm totally craving bananas right now. Anyone ever had a 'monkey tail'? It is a frozen banana dipped in chocolate on a stick! Best use of a banana I have ever had!
    I love those, especially if they are rolled in chopped peanuts after dipping in chocolate.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  8. #908
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,483

    Re: General Food Talk

    Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?

  9. #909
    FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,207

    Re: General Food Talk

    I live by the old saying... When it doubt throw it out.

  10. #910
    Shoveling the ocean MissThing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Camp Quicherbichen
    Posts
    3,947

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3401548;
    Does anyone know how long is a homemade eggsalad that is properly refrigerated good for?
    I live by seven days for the oldest ingredient, myself. Excepting, of course, stuff that has an already approved exp date, such as mayo.
    Papi on being tested for steroids: "All they are going to find is a lot of rice and beans."
    I cater to the Regs!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.