+ Reply to Thread
Page 89 of 469 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139189 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3399541;
    Have any of you tried that Jones soda? They have so many odd flavors that it will churn your stomach for weeks!

Oddly enough they have a bubble gum flavored one that is kind of good.
    I"ve seen it, but can't get past the names.

We did buy my husband a bacon flavored chocolate candy bar for his birthday. I will report how it tastes in a couple days when he gets it. But as he calls bacon the "candy bar of meats", we HAD to buy this when we saw it.

At the Wide World of Coke they had a banana flavored soda. Imagine drinking a carbonated banana. YUCK.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

bacon candy bar? please tell me you are joking! who would ruin chocolate that way?
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3399541;
    Have any of you tried that Jones soda? They have so many odd flavors that it will churn your stomach for weeks!

Oddly enough they have a bubble gum flavored one that is kind of good.
    I'm a Seattleite...can't live without my Jones. I love that it's pure cane sugar and yes, that it's a local company...but I have been drinking it since the mid 90's, when it first launched at the grocery store my dad worked at and he got a case of random flavours. My favourites are Blue Bubble Gum, Green Apple, Fufu Berry, Orange Cola, Berry Lemonade...if I could only drink Jones I would.
    "Congratulations, you just peaked. It's all downhill from here, honey"-Noah from TDI
    "If you're one of the 46 uninsured Americans..."-Billy Mays

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3399597;
    bacon candy bar? please tell me you are joking! who would ruin chocolate that way?
    Mike Symon did on "Dinner Impossible" -- bacon dipped in dark chocolate and sprinkled with peanuts. DH and I were so curious that we tried something similar, but with turkey bacon. It was surprisingly good -- but you'd have to like the mix of sweet with salt. (We already like fleur-de-sel dark chocolate caramels, so this wasn't as big a leap as I'd first thought.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

We've had praline bacon before and it was very good. Sweet and salty.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've had Jones soda before, and it was really good! I'd love to do a taste test of all of their flavors. I think that the ones that Trista listed sound delicious!

And I think it would be fun to try the banana soda!

Remember those little Dum-Dum suckers that you used to see around, as a kid? A couple of years ago, I tried a Buttered Popcorn one, and it was fantastic...to the point where I would dig through the pile to find all of the Buttered Popcorn Dum-Dums! Big YUM!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-01-2009 at 09:44 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My sister came from Chicago for a visit this past weekend. She brought some Garrett's popcorn. It was caramel and cheese mixed. OMG to die for. The sweet/salty thing going on there.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Sweet and salty is pretty good. I absolutely love to dip my Wendy's french fries into a cold chocolate frosty...mmm...

I was watching a thing on the food network on weird foods and they had Jones Soda on this particular episode because they made an entire collection of Thanksgiving flavored soda. They had turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, cranberry (normal, I guess), and even stuffing if I remember right.

At Target they sell it in 12 pack cans now.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always heard that the french fries dipped in a chocolate frosty/shake was really good. I've never been able to convince myself to try it, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3399589;
    We did buy my husband a bacon flavored chocolate candy bar for his birthday. I will report how it tastes in a couple days when he gets it. But as he calls bacon the "candy bar of meats", we HAD to buy this when we saw it.
    A friend of mine bought a whole bunch of gourmet chocolate bars one day to class for some of us to try, one was dark chocolate with bacon in it. I was super skeptical, but tried a bite anyways. It was actually good. It was more salty and chocolate tasting than bacon and chocolate.

Here is the site, they have lots of different types of mixes and most of them are good. The bars are not cheap though, but fun to try. Chocolate Candy Bars - Gourmet Milk, Dark & White Chocolate Candy Bars from Vosges Haut-Chocolat

+ Reply to Thread