+ Reply to Thread
Page 88 of 496 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138188 ... LastLast
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

MRD

Re: General Food Talk

Next time use the roaster bags. I swear by the turkey roaster bags. EASY, moist, etc.

Well who knew you can burn stuff in the crockpot!?! I put a frozen roast in about 8 this morning. Asked hubby to check on it today. I get home and the bottom is BURNT. I said: the roast burned and he says: "but it smells good". So I'm hoping to salvage the top half that isn't burnt. I guess now I will shred it and mix with BBQ sauce and have as sandwiches as I had planned to have a roast and some side dish or another.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

MRD

Well the roast is unsalvagable. Tastes burnt all the way through. Thank goodness I got it on sale so am only throwing $6 in the trash. On to plan B (looking up pizza place phone number now)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Speaking of KFC, they are spray painting their logos on the holes in the roads that have been patched by the Works Department.

Good grief.

Or should that be "Good Grease"?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3398848;
    Speaking of KFC, they are spray painting their logos on the holes in the roads that have been patched by the Works Department.

Good grief.

Or should that be "Good Grease"?
    They paid about $250,00 to have some potholes fixed in Louisville, is that where you are?

No, but that's where I'm from. Family email had a good time telling me about that one!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My dad is a public works director; he would pitch a fit if he heard about that!

Maybe its just me but the best thing at KFC is their mashed potatos. I just love them!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

I saw a piece about that on the news up here last night. They even had a guy dressed up like Col. Sanders putting down the stencil on top of the patched pothole and spray painting it white.

I haven't seen a Tab in decades!

MRD

OK, the entire downstairs smells of burnt crockpot roast and my daughter's boyfriend is eating it! No one else would touch it. He says it tastes bar-be-qued. I LOVE that kid! I got a grocery store meatloaf and Country Crock potatoes for the rest of us.

I used to drink rum and Tab. The mere thought of that today makes me want to hurl. But I love Diet Coke. And I like rum. Just not together.

My grandmother used to drink Fresca and I thought that was gross. But we saw Fresca at the Wide World of Coke in Atlanta recently. I did NOT try it. I should have avoided many of the other non-traditional coke products they had on hand too. Nasty.

Fresca is fantastic! Well, it is if you like grapefruit, which I do.

Have any of you tried that Jones soda? They have so many odd flavors that it will churn your stomach for weeks!

Oddly enough they have a bubble gum flavored one that is kind of good.
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

+ Reply to Thread