+ Reply to Thread
Page 87 of 473 FirstFirst ... 37777879808182838485868788899091929394959697137187 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Just think, Cali...you start practicing NOW, you will be a true diva by the time the turkey holidays come around!!

I've never done it at all, so you're waaay ahead of me!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

CaliLily you can freeze your broth if you don't use it all. For small amounts, I have frozen the broth in ice cube trays. For larger amounts I use freezer bags. The foil tent works good and it helps to baste the turkey while its cooking. The turkey skin always get dark on mine.
    Margaritaville: My mom made your Lemon Meltaway Cookies for a Baby Shower she said they were wonderful. So thank you for sharing.

Thanks for the tips! I come from a family of vegetarians so they aren't much help with cooking unless it is meatless tacos (not a joke).

I have officially wreaked havoc on my kitchen and will be scraping bits of turkey off the celing for days... It tastes good but the breast is a little dry ahh well... what can ya do?

I had fun surfing the food network website in between attemts to carve the sucker. I found a great recipe on the site for turkey enchaladas! YUM!
    Faithless is he who says farewell when the road darkens. J.R.R. Tolkien

Cooking a turkey for the first time is always scary. But I'm sure your turkey was fine. Sometimes... you just get a turkey that will cook dry, it has nothing to do with how you cook it. Congradulations

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3397889;
    . . . I have officially wreaked havoc on my kitchen and will be scraping bits of turkey off the celing for days...
    You're now officially in the turkey-cooking club!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3397889;
    Thanks for the tips! I come from a family of vegetarians so they aren't much help with cooking unless it is meatless tacos (not a joke).

I have officially wreaked havoc on my kitchen and will be scraping bits of turkey off the celing for days... It tastes good but the breast is a little dry ahh well... what can ya do?

I had fun surfing the food network website in between attemts to carve the sucker. I found a great recipe on the site for turkey enchaladas! YUM!

So, let me get this right.....Cali's turkey exploded?
    I'm interpreting "celing" as "ceiling".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

prhoshay-They still make Tab. It can be hard to find so I limit myself to one a day! A few years ago they stopped selling it in my area, I called and they had had so many request that they brought it back. My family was very happy. Don't mess with mom til she's had her TAB.

Lol... no, it didn't explode... I just had a few minor mishaps with the carving/ using the fork as a catapult

Quote Originally Posted by CaliLily;3398341;
    Lol... no, it didn't explode... I just had a few minor mishaps with the carving/ using the fork as a catapult
    Was it a whole turkey or was it a turkey breast?
    If it was a turkey breast only, that is more apt to be on dry side. It's not as juicy as a whole bird, so it tends to be dry.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It was a 17lb whole bird. My employer gave us all a free coupon for one at Christmas time and it was going to expire at the end of this month. Not something I will ever do again- I'm all for KFC!!!

+ Reply to Thread