+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 480 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Like Tree483Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3336362;
    . . . I'm happy to bag my own groceries - I make it home with unsmashed bread!
    The Trader Joe's employees do a great job at bagging groceries no matter what type of bag you bring in. But at the IGA store we go to for the stuff that TJ's doesn't carry -- ai yi yi!!! Luckily, it's a bit understaffed, so hubby or I can move in at the end of the line to start bagging our groceries before one of the (apparently) 12-year-old baggers can get there to put laundry detergent on top of the bread and shove the egg carton sideways between who knows what.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Oooooh, it irritates me to no end to have laundry/cleaning items put in the same bag with food items. It may be just my imagination, but I swear later I can taste the soap in the food when that happens.
    remember to play

Quote Originally Posted by coltnlasma;3336456;
    Yes, I'm just glad I read the info on ALDI's website before visiting the store... seems like it might be a bit difficult to shop there if I weren't prepared.
    The first time we went to an ALDI's, many years ago, they only accepted cash. Of course, we didn't know that. Got a big cart of items, THEN found out that they wouldn't accept a check. It was a bit embarrassing. I haven't shopped there in years, but pleased to see that they now accept debit cards. I never carry much cash.

I decided to make my easy chili in the crockpot today, but I went a little wild. I was reaching for the hamburger in the fridge and saw the bacon and thought, "Hmmm I wonder what bacon would taste like in chili?" I cooked up 4 strips and then cooked the onions in the drippings (but strained them with a slotted spoon when I put them in the crockpot). The a big can of crushed tomatoes and searched for the kidney beans and was out! So I went with black beans and thought a small can of corn might be good with those. I cooked the hamburger with taco seasoning and added it, then some chili powder and my secret ingredient - chocolate syrup. Anyway, I just had a bowl and WOW! The bacon, the corn - both inspired additions. I can't wait for my daughter to try it. She's going to culinary school next year.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;3336673;
    I decided to make my easy chili in the crockpot today, but I went a little wild. I was reaching for the hamburger in the fridge and saw the bacon and thought, "Hmmm I wonder what bacon would taste like in chili?" I cooked up 4 strips and then cooked the onions in the drippings (but strained them with a slotted spoon when I put them in the crockpot). The a big can of crushed tomatoes and searched for the kidney beans and was out! So I went with black beans and thought a small can of corn might be good with those. I cooked the hamburger with taco seasoning and added it, then some chili powder and my secret ingredient - chocolate syrup. Anyway, I just had a bowl and WOW! The bacon, the corn - both inspired additions. I can't wait for my daughter to try it. She's going to culinary school next year.
    Mmmm that sounds good. Too bad I have a chicken out for tonight.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I put corn in my last pot of chili. Not a mistake. It had been years since I had done that; the last time I did, I'd brought a male stripper friend of mine home to feed him!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3336689;
    I put corn in my last pot of chili. Not a mistake. It had been years since I had done that; the last time I did, I'd brought a male stripper friend of mine home to feed him!
    The more I get to know you, the more I like you 'shay!
    Count your blessings!

THAT'S what was missing from my last chili dinner!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I'm assuming that you didn't know me at the time because there is no other good reason for you to not invite me over for this.
    CYA

MRD

I hate posts that leave you wanting to know SO much MORE!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread