+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 460 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast
Like Tree399Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

as long as there's no onion in it.

or salsa LOL

MRD

Nope, just eggs, mayo, a drop of mustard, salt and pepper. Served on squishy white bread of course.

I am now having a serious craving for Underwood's deviled ham on white bread with mayo. The ONLY potted meat product I will eat.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3309559;
    I am now having a serious craving for Underwood's deviled ham on white bread with mayo. The ONLY potted meat product I will eat.
    omigoodness, i haven't had that since i was a little girl. remember that redheaded kid in the commercials?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can't remember the last time I've had white bread.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

I normally eat a 7 grain bread, but there are certain things that are only good on white bread: PB&J, Pimento Cheese, Deviled Ham and Egg Salad. Everything else is better on the 7 grain bread I buy.

BFD, come to lunch and I will make egg salad AND deviled ham, it'll be a smorgesboard!

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3309571;
    omigoodness, i haven't had that since i was a little girl. remember that redheaded kid in the commercials?
    You mean Mason Reese with the "borgasmord"? He creeped me out!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3309591;
    I normally eat a 7 grain bread, but there are certain things that are only good on white bread: PB&J, Pimento Cheese, Deviled Ham and Egg Salad. Everything else is better on the 7 grain bread I buy.

BFD, come to lunch and I will make egg salad AND deviled ham, it'll be a smorgesboard!
    Add cream cheese and olives to the list of things that are better on white bread!

My mother only grocery shops about once a month. She ALWAYS buys my dad a can of deviled ham, a can of sardines, and a can of vienna sausages..... She calls the aisle where she finds these items "The Alternative Meat Product Aisle".... SHE won't eat any of them. but Daddy loves them. I have to say that it must be hereditary. because I love the deviled ham (and one or two vienna sausages if that nasty jelly stuff is rinsed off). No sardines for me though!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

Were my dad and your dad brothers?? I think my hatred of Vienna sausages is that my dad ate them all the time. They look nasty. i can't get past the look

My parents both ate deviled ham and sardines, but my mom drew the line at the Vi-anna sausages.

My mother used to make "sink sandwiches" with sardines. Sink sandwiches are so messy you have to eat them standing over the sink to catch what falls out.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I used to like the sardines that were packaged in mustard, with hot sauce and crackers. Haven't eaten them in over 20 years, easily. Can't eat the white fishes, but the sardines were a treat for me!

I had a roomie, in college, who loved to eat potted meat with crackers. Not my cuppa tea! In the movie 'Sling Blade', a character describes potted meat as being made from 'peckers and lips'!

I often think of my roommate when I hear that phrase!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 02-08-2009 at 11:47 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I left a carton of eggs on the counter overnight, do you think they're still good?

I'm pretty excited because we are having a Be Our Valentine lunch party at work on Wednesday. It gives me an excuse to buy one of my favorite sweets, Costco cupcakes. It's a potluck kind of thing so I'm also making spicy turkey chili.

We're charging $5 per person and all the money we raise we're donating to our local food bank.

+ Reply to Thread