+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 491 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071111161 ... LastLast
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Nice protein bump!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Other than Queenb, how many of you put peanuts in a pepsi???? (going back to the French fries in the frosty discussion)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3303822;
    I only started doing it when I was pregnant and it's been going on ever since. I love sweet and salty at the same time. I'm really weird.

I also like lime and salt with chili powder on my oranges.
    Well, I can't say I'd ever try fries and a frosty, but I LOVE sweet and salty. At work around Christmastime, someone sent us a few huge boxes of various chocolate covered pretzels. I thought I was going to have withdrawal problems when we finally finished them, as I was addicted to the dark chocolate ones. Perfect combination.

MRD, I used to wrap my sausage in a pancake too. Now I usually only eat pancakes with something in them, and they tend to be a little too messy to pick up. Which reminds me of another sweet-and-salty combo that I like. My bacon used to get caught in the runoff from my pancake syrup, and it was so good that now I've taken to just putting the syrup right on there.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3304777;
    Other than Queenb, how many of you put peanuts in a pepsi???? (going back to the French fries in the frosty discussion)
    Ah, remember--this is the South, and 90% of us don't do **eww* Pepsi! (I know you do, have no idea what happened there ) Especially in Georgia, which is Coca Cola country all the way. Actually, I never got what the deal is with the peanuts, and never saw anybody do that until I was grown.
    I
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3305034;
    Ah, remember--this is the South, and 90% of us don't do **eww* Pepsi! (I know you do, have no idea what happened there ) Especially in Georgia, which is Coca Cola country all the way. Actually, I never got what the deal is with the peanuts, and never saw anybody do that until I was grown.
    I
    Actually I drink coke except when all I can get is Pepsi, but where I grew up it was an RC and a moonpie, peanuts and Pepsi and the rest of the time co-cola. Kind of like wine, you have to pair the brand of cola with the food being consumed. My best friend used to do the peanuts and pepsi ALL the time. I preferred a stick of beef jerkey in a Coke ICEE.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3305034;
    I
    I'm glad you said exactly what I was thinking. I've see people do the peanut thing, and I STILL don't get it.

I actually drank Pepsi (remember the 16 oz. glass bottles?) until I was about 12 years old, and I have no idea what kicked me over to the other side, but I've been a Coke girl ever since.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pigs in a blanket..... I haven't had that since I was a kid! Sausage wrapped in a pancake with syrup! YUM!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

I can't remember who it was that posted that really good potato leek soup in the fall, but I made it again yesterday. I add ham to it now. It is so darn good, especially on days where the temp doesn't get above freezing all day.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3301208;
    Actually the ketchup on eggs is pretty good and fairly common-I've talked to a lot of people that do the same thing. I also like salsa on scrambled eggs or omelets. I am not a huge egg fan and can almost not eat them in the morning. I prefer sunny side up, but will eat scrambled with the ketchup. I think my favorite is hard boiled and made into egg salad....
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs, any way you can make them. and it grosses me out me when i see people put ketchup or hot sauce on them. YUK!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3309120;
    i LOVE LOVE LOVE eggs, any way you can make them. and it grosses me out me when i see people put ketchup or hot sauce on them. YUK!
    Guess we can never go out to breakfast together.

But I do make a mean egg salad, so we could have lunch together, no problems right?

+ Reply to Thread