+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 469 FirstFirst ... 10505152535455565758596061626364656667686970110160 ... LastLast
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Saltines with butter! My mom used to make that as a snack when I was a little girl!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3303677;
    yes they still make carrot and raisen salad. I like it occasionally. I'm not hugely fond of it, but I don't mind it.

I love that broccali salad with the raisens and bacon and can't remember what all else it has in it. I thought I'd hate it as I'm not a huge raisen fan, but that stuff is incredible.

And I have not met a salad (egg, ham, chicken, pimento cheese) that I did not think tasted better on Saltines than on bread.
    Soup Plantation/Sweet Tomatoes has the best broccoli salad!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3303680;
    Saltines with butter! My mom used to make that as a snack when I was a little girl!
    Or saltines with jelly. That is a good snack.

I bought some minature saltines made by Nabisco? OMG they were good. Tasted exactly like regular crackers but they were about the size of a stamp and something about their size added to the great snackiness.

The cocoa on ice cream came about because my Grandpa, being a farmer who lived in the middle of nowhere, would get a craving for chocolate ice cream. Since they only had vanilla he added the cocoa and made it into chocolate. Of course you mix it in really good, but it adds sort of flavor like sweet and salt would add to something. Not sure if I'm describing it very well. Just try it sometime.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

French fries dipped in a Wendy's Frosty.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've heard people talk about that before, but how do I get from liking malt vinegar and salt or mustard on my fries to dipping them in something sweet and cold? I've never tried it, and it doesn't sound like I should. Enjoy yourself!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I only started doing it when I was pregnant and it's been going on ever since. I love sweet and salty at the same time. I'm really weird.

I also like lime and salt with chili powder on my oranges.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Ever since he was about 2 years old, my son would take a lemon wedge and eat the whole thing, rind and all! No sugar. Of course I made sure there were no seeds. We were also eating the Red Hot potato chips, and he kept bugging my husband and I for some. We figured he'd taste one, it would rock his world (like they were rocking ours, with the heated spiciness), and he'd go away. Once he tasted one of them, he wouldn't go away. That was a surprise, too. Wonder where he got those tastebuds?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

When my son was little he would grab a beer off the table and drink some. I figured he'd hate the taste and walk away....... he started bugging us for a sip which we wouldn't give him. Finally my husband bought him a non-alcoholic beer and he drank some, walked away and never asked for any again!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3303680;
    One of my favorites, I still will eat those occasionally.

I like sweet and salty too.

And I love those lime and chili tortilla chips.

There is a story in my family that I grabbed my dad's beer while he was reading the paper (I was about 3) and my mom thought "well she won't like it". She was cooking supper and the next time she looked up, dad was still reading the paper and I was stumbling around the living room drunk as a skunk and his can was empty. She told him he wasn't doing a good job of watching me and they kept the beer away from me after that. I still like beer.
    Last edited by MRD; 02-04-2009 at 02:44 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3303737;
    French fries dipped in a Wendy's Frosty.
    I like to do this, too, and I've never been pregnant.

And I love the idea of putting peanut butter in vanilla yogurt, sound delicious~

+ Reply to Thread