+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 484 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Ok, now I have to try a White Castle hamburger. Are the ones at Costco the real deal? I guess I shouldn't buy a Costco size package before I even try it.

I think the frozen ones come from their restaurant chain so I believe they are the real deal. They are good but I must warn you, you'll probably bloat a little bit after eating a few.
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My local grocery sells a smaller pack of 6 in the freezer section.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For those of you, like me, who could stare at food all day:

foodgawker | feast your eyes

(clicking the pics seems to take you to a link to whatever food blogger posted them -- i.e., often a recipe, although most of it looks way fancier than I would ever actually cook).

Courtesy of a link on the Pioneer Woman's page.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I love Pioneer woman!

This is slightly embarrassing, but you know how people have a picture of their children or a vacation or a cherished thing as a desktop background? Well I have pics of food. Currently, it's 12 tins of spices. It was once a chocolate cake. My husband doesn't understand, but for me food is and can be a work of art.

ETA: Let's make it even more embarrassing! The pictures are often seasonal. Strawberry theme in May, Apples in September, etc. And, well, I just caught a glimpse of my avatar. 'Nuff said.

Those Duck Fat Potatoes sound nasty but look dang good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3196780;
    For those of you, like me, who could stare at food all day:

foodgawker | feast your eyes

(clicking the pics seems to take you to a link to whatever food blogger posted them -- i.e., often a recipe, although most of it looks way fancier than I would ever actually cook).

Courtesy of a link on the Pioneer Woman's page.
    I've made a version of the Moroccan chicken with apricot & olive relish - what I have is a crockpot recipe, but the ingredients are almost identical. Delicious.

I'm going to make that Reuben dip when the husband's family comes to visit next month. It looks like something everyone will like. Great link, Lucy.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Damn you Lucy. This is like showing a crack head some pictures of some huge rocks.

Sublime Sharfen Berger Chocolate Brownies with Espresso, Grand Marnier, Cinnamon, Mini-Chocolate Chips, and old-fashioned cocoa icing.
    OMG!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;3196784;
    I love Pioneer woman!

This is slightly embarrassing, but you know how people have a picture of their children or a vacation or a cherished thing as a desktop background? Well I have pics of food. Currently, it's 12 tins of spices. It was once a chocolate cake. My husband doesn't understand, but for me food is and can be a work of art.

ETA: Let's make it even more embarrassing! The pictures are often seasonal. Strawberry theme in May, Apples in September, etc. And, well, I just caught a glimpse of my avatar. 'Nuff said.
    I am strangely drawn to food art. There is an artist here that does these fabulous paintings of vegetables. I want the tomato and the artichoke so bad, I could, well, taste it.

My family teases me because I take photos of the food every holiday. My husband says: doesn't the turkey look the same year to year? And considering that my Thanksgiving menu hasn't changed in years, yeah it probably does. But I ALWAYS take a photo of the table laden with food at every function. Weird, but hey, you wouldn't believe how often that has actually come in handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3197097;
    Damn you Lucy. This is like showing a crack head some pictures of some huge rocks.

OMG!
    Unk, between you and Newf, I need to keep paper towels near the computer to wipe the diet coke off the monitor screen.

That's too funny.

MRD

For all you sweet tea lovers out there, thought you might like to read this.

Garden & Gun Magazine: Soul of the New South - Stories & Media - Sweet Tea

My favorite line is:

"The ladies won’t divulge how they make the tea so rich and compelling, citing "secret ingredients." I’m pretty sure one of them starts with "c" and ends with "rack."

It's funny and a great tribute to Southern Sweet Tea. But interestingly enough, I found the name of the magazine funny as well. Who knew there was a publication called Garden and Gun??? There truly is a magazine for EVERYONE.

+ Reply to Thread