+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 479 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Meanwhile, I won't eat fries without ketchup, baked potatoes without sour cream, etc etc. And if we're having roasted potatoes, I usually grab the A1 from the fridge. You get the idea. I'm sure I'm un-American.

I'm with you, Missy! I prefer condiments with my food, and almost always have A-1 with my steak. And if it's well-done, I just won't even touch it.

I also don't really like potatoes that much.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3301226;
    Meanwhile, I won't eat fries without ketchup, baked potatoes without sour cream, etc etc. And if we're having roasted potatoes, I usually grab the A1 from the fridge. You get the idea. I'm sure I'm un-American.
    Actually I think I'm the Un-American one for not eating ketchup.

I too must have sour cream on my potato and other sauces and dips for stuff. Just not steak or french fries
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;3301242;
    I also don't really like potatoes that much.
    whisper: (I don't like potatoes either... I use catsup on fries, and sour cream and cheese on baked potatoes, so I can "fit in" and eat them if neccessary)

I have never eaten ketchup on anything. Never put sour cream on a baked potato either. Same with mustard on a hot dog or mayo on a sandwich, etc.
    I HATE condiments!

If I ever go to McDonald's etc., I have to order my cheeseburger plain. If I order anything out in a restaurant, I have to make sure that there are no condiments secretly hidden in the food.

I have seen people put ketchup on scrambled eggs and I literally had to leave the table.

Unfortunately, everyone in the fam used condiments so they are in the house. If I was all alone, however, they would never get in my shopping cart in the first place.

Growing up, and knowing my aversion to all things "condimental", my chore was clearing off the table. I could do it all, but touch that ketchup bottle and clean off the top of it.......ewwwwww! (I have gotten better at it over the years, but it still gives me the creeps!)

I'm not generally a "fries" fan but when I do eat them it's only with salt and malt vinegar, never ketchup.

MRD: - please do share the poundcake recipe. I have my great-grandmother's poundcake recipe and make that for my dad a few times a year. LOL - knowing how recipes "circulate" we probably haave the same recipe!

Condiments.... I NEVER put anything on a grilled steak although I do go outside and remove MY steak from the grill before Mr. Doxie turns it into "blackened cow".....

I love mustard and mayo - put that on burgers and hot dogs and sandwiches. I also usually add a few pickle slices or relish... I'm not a fan of ketchup but I sometimes eat it on fries.

Sour cream is a MUST for baked 'taters.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

We had twice baked 'taters last night. Wish there were leftovers.

I'll post the pound cake.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3301400;
    I'm not generally a "fries" fan but when I do eat them it's only with salt and malt vinegar, never ketchup.
    You are a girl after my own heart!!! I always have malt vinegar in my house.

Sweet pickle relish, , but I have to use it in tuna salad and, possibly other salads of that nature.

I have never had egg salad. It's just ugly to look at, and my eyes and brain just don't get it.

I always thought of ketchup on scrambled eggs as a guy thing, but maybe not. My son doesn't eat them that way, but he used to do that disgusting thing of adding cinammon and Equal to his scrambled eggs..... His other little disgusting guy friends liked it, too. And he'd use PAM instead of butter in the skillet, and leave the skillet disgusting looking so that we would have to fight.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread