+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 484 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast
Like Tree497Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Ha, I have always used a MIXER to mix the ingredients for sausage balls. My recipe says "mix the ingredients" so I guess I took it too literally.

I hadn't thought about sausage balls being a southern thing either, but after I was reminded of them by Doxie posting the recipe, I've made them for several functions, and they've vanished.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3298947;
    I actually really like that. I find it oddly therapeutic to squish meat through my fingers.
    Oh, you're just sick!

I hate touching meat like that.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3299364;
    Oh, you're just sick!

I hate touching meat like that.
    LOL I admit I'm weird like that. But...this only applies to meat and NOT poultry. I can touch raw chicken parts but a whole chicken or turkey that looks like it's former self...no way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit;3298728;
    Doxie - One question about the Sausage balls. Are they eaten plain or dipped in a sauce or what? You can add me to the group that's never heard, or eaten sausage balls. I may remedy that soon though because they sound delicious and so easy to make.
    I've never dipped them in anything. They don't last long enough to be dipped!

My next mission is to introduce the fine art of fried green tomatoes to all of you deprived yankees!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

MRD

I have seen dips for sausage balls. But we don't dip. We like them the way they are. We actually had leftovers, so I can have some for breakfast this morning.

You could use BBQ sauce, honey mustard, ranch, whatever dip you like. But I think you'll like them without dip.

Yep, Fried green tomatos are next and pimento cheese!

OK Bunny, I don't mind a whole chicken or turkey, it's just ground meats that gross me out. I don't really like touching any of it, but to cook, I have too, so I try not to think about it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

How many of you put some kind of steak sauce on your steak? I'm really not "into" steak, but I've always thought that if you have a really good steak, properly prepared and tender enough to cut with your fork, why would you cover up that flavor with a sauce? That just doesn't seem right!

Maybe it's the same with sausage balls?

I adore friend green tomatoes! But, then, it's a vegetable, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

My son puts steak sauce on everything. I don't take offense to it anymore but at one point I felt the same way Shay. Why cover up a beautiful piece of meat with sauce? He just likes it I guess. I have never liked steak sauce. It is too vinegar-y for my taste buds.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think that is just a kid thing...putting sauce on everything, although some people never move past it. I think it's about tastebud maturity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a friend who, when he orders a steak in a restaurant and the server asks him if he'd like steak sauce, he says, "Why? Is there something wrong with the meat?" He has stumped a few young servers with that question.

+ Reply to Thread