+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 468 FirstFirst ... 3434445464748495051525354555657585960616263103153 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3298492;
    I have some friends in Pennsylvania and they were talking about football food and I mentioned sausage balls. They had NEVER heard of them so I gave them the recipe and they were all running out to get the ingredients for tomorrow. I thought sausage balls were a national/international (Canada) thing, but this group had never heard of them and called them "Southern".
    I may be responsible for the spread of sausage balls in Pennsylvania now.
    I never heard of sausage balls either until I read about them on here. Now that I think about it, each poster that I remember mentioning them was from the South.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3298631;
    I never heard of sausage balls either until I read about them on here. Now that I think about it, each poster that I remember mentioning them was from the South.
    Bunny! You've got to try sausage balls! I didn't realize that they were a "Southern thing" until Mr. Doxie said that he had never tried them when he moved here from California. I can't keep him away from them now. AND - I made some the last time his family visited and they fell on those sausage balls like a pack of wolves!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I would definitely try them! Should I look for a recipe or does anyone have one that I should try?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3298676;
    I would definitely try them! Should I look for a recipe or does anyone have one that I should try?
    I posted the recipe in the Just Recipe thread a few months ago. It's Post #153. A lot of other people said that they had the same recipe I'm guessing that is because the recipe used to be printed on the back of Bisquick boxes! I love recipes from boxes and cans!

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll repost it.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

I found it, thanks doxie.....Sausage balls are coming to New England

Doxie - One question about the Sausage balls. Are they eaten plain or dipped in a sauce or what? You can add me to the group that's never heard, or eaten sausage balls. I may remedy that soon though because they sound delicious and so easy to make.

MRD

We Southerners are on a mission to infiltrate the rest of the country with sausage balls.

I make them a lot for breakfast at home and for parties. You all do realize now that I'm going to be forced to make some today now.

They are so easy, but I do hate the hands on part of mixing the ingredients. I need some plastic gloves.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3298693;
    I posted the recipe in the Just Recipe thread a few months ago. It's Post #153. A lot of other people said that they had the same recipe I'm guessing that is because the recipe used to be printed on the back of Bisquick boxes! I love recipes from boxes and cans!

Let me know if you can't find it and I'll repost it.

I can personally attest that this recipe is delicious. I made a double batch for a Steeler's tailgate party at work, and they did indeed fall upon them like a pack of wolves.

So Operation Sausage Ball Infiltration was a big success here in Pittsburgh!

For the Super Bowl today I'm going to make my favorite kind of nachos. Spicy browned ground turkey, rice, beans, cheese, and sour cream served with blue corn tortilla chips. YUM! It's a meal all on its own.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3298866;
    I can personally attest that this recipe is delicious. I made a double batch for a Steeler's tailgate party at work, and they did indeed fall upon them like a pack of wolves.

So Operation Sausage Ball Infiltration was a big success here in Pittsburgh!

For the Super Bowl today I'm going to make my favorite kind of nachos. Spicy browned ground turkey, rice, beans, cheese, and sour cream served with blue corn tortilla chips. YUM! It's a meal all on its own.
    I almost spit my diet coke at the monitor.

So now we are having sausage balls and artichoke dip. Daughter volunteered to go to the store and help cook. Yep, I didn't make plans and so the family freaked out and now they are helping. Must remember for future use.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3298729;

They are so easy, but I do hate the hands on part of mixing the ingredients. I need some plastic gloves.
    I actually really like that. I find it oddly therapeutic to squish meat through my fingers.

+ Reply to Thread