+ Reply to Thread
Page 52 of 480 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162102152 ... LastLast
Like Tree484Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3296995;
    It's so warm here and windy I don't even know what to make. I just feel like throwing together a salad and calling it dinner!
    That's what we're doing -- and adding some grilled shrimp for protein. (yummy)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Shrimp from Trader Joe's, no doubt!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3297011;
    Shrimp from Trader Joe's, no doubt!
    How did you know? You must be psychotic psychic!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

MRD

We made homemade burgers and oven baked fries. I forget from time to time how good homemade burgers are.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3297277;
    We made homemade burgers and oven baked fries. I forget from time to time how good homemade burgers are.
    Yum! We grill burgers a lot. I have a recipe for "Horseradish Burgers" - very easy and gives the burgers an extra little kick! I'll have to dig that out and post it.

Is anyone making fun Super Bowl food? I have a list of requests from Mr. Doxie but I am making HIM go to the store since it will be a madhouse due to the Super Bowl and also the fact that there is snow in the forecast for Monday. I still have some homemade sausage balls leftover from our holiday party hidden away in the fridge! I might eat those while he is at the store.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3297567;
    Yum! We grill burgers a lot. I have a recipe for "Horseradish Burgers" - very easy and gives the burgers an extra little kick! I'll have to dig that out and post it.
    Yes please! I love horseradish anything.

MRD

I love horseradish too, but everyone else around here hates it. My grandmother used to make horseradish aspic (the ONLY aspic I would touch) to go with roast beef.

We are not really planning doing much for superbowl. Probably change our minds at 4 pm on Sun and then have to battle crowds at the store.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny555;3297576;
    Yes please! I love horseradish anything.
    Ok - just posted it in the Just Recipe thread. Enjoy. They are really easy and good.

MRD - I have heard of horseradish aspic! Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'll have to tell Mr. Doxie about the pimiento cheese burgers at Friday's though - he LOVES pimiento cheese.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love pimento cheese sandwiches with hot sauce on wheat bread!!! Seems to add just the right amount of kick.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by doxie;3298351;
    Ok - just posted it in the Just Recipe thread. Enjoy. They are really easy and good.

MRD - I have heard of horseradish aspic! Doesn't sound too appealing to me. I'll have to tell Mr. Doxie about the pimiento cheese burgers at Friday's though - he LOVES pimiento cheese.
    I am NOT an aspic fan and don't even want to LOOK at Tomato Aspic the favorite southern food of the bridge club set, but the horseradish stuff is not bad, if you sort of spread it on the roast beef.

I read that the Friday's burger is actually not exactly like the winning recipe on the food network, that instead of grinding ham and mixing it in with the ground beef, they put the ham on top of the burger and add pimento cheese. But I still want to try it.

Tell Mr. Doxie that pimento cheese makes AWESOME twice baked potatos. Just scoop out the cooked potato and mix it with the pimento cheese, add back to the potato skin and put back in the oven. The cheese gets all melty and the potatos are GREAT!!!!

I had a mediterranian twist to pimento cheese where they added feta cheese to the mixture and it was GOOD.

I had pimento cheese on Saltines for lunch today. Yum

I have some friends in Pennsylvania and they were talking about football food and I mentioned sausage balls. They had NEVER heard of them so I gave them the recipe and they were all running out to get the ingredients for tomorrow. I thought sausage balls were a national/international (Canada) thing, but this group had never heard of them and called them "Southern".
    I may be responsible for the spread of sausage balls in Pennsylvania now.

+ Reply to Thread