+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 473 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

FORT Fogey

Re: General Food Talk

One of my favorite gifts to give someone, for just about any reason, is a Trader Joes's gift card and one or two of their reusable bags.

MRD

I made chicken and dumplings yesterday and broke my cardinal rule of homemade dumplings. I bought cheap store brand refrigerator biscuits, cut them into quarters and added them to the stock and they turned out REALLY well and were easy to make.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Chicken and dumplings sounds so good, especially with all the cold weather we've been having.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3295497;
    I made chicken and dumplings yesterday and broke my cardinal rule of homemade dumplings. I bought cheap store brand refrigerator biscuits, cut them into quarters and added them to the stock and they turned out REALLY well and were easy to make.
    I LOVE chicken and dumplings but have never made dumplings using refrigerator biscuits. Sounds super simple and good.

Last night I made Noble pig's Nutella-Peanut butter brownies. I brought them to work today and my colleagues loved them. I was hoping for a bigger Nutella taste, but I still thought they were pretty good.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3296613;
    I LOVE chicken and dumplings but have never made dumplings using refrigerator biscuits. Sounds super simple and good.
    I like rolled dumplings and my family likes drop ones. Even using bisquick, it takes time. I bought the cheapest store brand of biscuits and used kitchen scissors to cut them into quarters (don't use the Grands size, too big) and then dumped them in the pot. The whole family raved. So I guess my homemade dumplings were not nearly as good as the super easy biscuit dough ones. Guess how I'll be making that in the future???

I have also used flour tortillas cut into strips for dumplings. Not as good as biscuits, but it works in a pinch and isn't half bad.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The biscuit ones are the ones I remember from my childhood. See?? Homemade is not always better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3296875;
    I like rolled dumplings and my family likes drop ones. Even using bisquick, it takes time. I bought the cheapest store brand of biscuits and used kitchen scissors to cut them into quarters (don't use the Grands size, too big) and then dumped them in the pot. The whole family raved. So I guess my homemade dumplings were not nearly as good as the super easy biscuit dough ones. Guess how I'll be making that in the future???

I have also used flour tortillas cut into strips for dumplings. Not as good as biscuits, but it works in a pinch and isn't half bad.
    Sounds so GOOD! I Will be trying these IF we ever get cold weather again. We are at 82 again today

Oh and I would consider them homemade dumplings. You made the dinner at home didn't you? So it's homemade.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3296973;
    Sounds so GOOD! I Will be trying these IF we ever get cold weather again. We are at 82 again today

Oh and I would consider them homemade dumplings. You made the dinner at home didn't you? So it's homemade.

Exactly!!! There you go!

It's so warm here and windy I don't even know what to make. I just feel like throwing together a salad and calling it dinner!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread