+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 473 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 4727
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

  1. #501
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: General Food Talk

    One of my favorite gifts to give someone, for just about any reason, is a Trader Joes's gift card and one or two of their reusable bags.

  2. #502
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: General Food Talk

    I made chicken and dumplings yesterday and broke my cardinal rule of homemade dumplings. I bought cheap store brand refrigerator biscuits, cut them into quarters and added them to the stock and they turned out REALLY well and were easy to make.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  3. #503
    FORT Fogey brunette trixie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,440

    Re: General Food Talk

    Chicken and dumplings sounds so good, especially with all the cold weather we've been having.

  4. #504
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3295497;
    I made chicken and dumplings yesterday and broke my cardinal rule of homemade dumplings. I bought cheap store brand refrigerator biscuits, cut them into quarters and added them to the stock and they turned out REALLY well and were easy to make.
    I LOVE chicken and dumplings but have never made dumplings using refrigerator biscuits. Sounds super simple and good.

  5. #505
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,485

    Re: General Food Talk

    Last night I made Noble pig's Nutella-Peanut butter brownies. I brought them to work today and my colleagues loved them. I was hoping for a bigger Nutella taste, but I still thought they were pretty good.

  6. #506
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3296613;
    I LOVE chicken and dumplings but have never made dumplings using refrigerator biscuits. Sounds super simple and good.
    I like rolled dumplings and my family likes drop ones. Even using bisquick, it takes time. I bought the cheapest store brand of biscuits and used kitchen scissors to cut them into quarters (don't use the Grands size, too big) and then dumped them in the pot. The whole family raved. So I guess my homemade dumplings were not nearly as good as the super easy biscuit dough ones. Guess how I'll be making that in the future???

    I have also used flour tortillas cut into strips for dumplings. Not as good as biscuits, but it works in a pinch and isn't half bad.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  7. #507
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,181

    Re: General Food Talk

    The biscuit ones are the ones I remember from my childhood. See?? Homemade is not always better!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  8. #508
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Reality
    Posts
    2,365

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3296875;
    I like rolled dumplings and my family likes drop ones. Even using bisquick, it takes time. I bought the cheapest store brand of biscuits and used kitchen scissors to cut them into quarters (don't use the Grands size, too big) and then dumped them in the pot. The whole family raved. So I guess my homemade dumplings were not nearly as good as the super easy biscuit dough ones. Guess how I'll be making that in the future???

    I have also used flour tortillas cut into strips for dumplings. Not as good as biscuits, but it works in a pinch and isn't half bad.
    Sounds so GOOD! I Will be trying these IF we ever get cold weather again. We are at 82 again today

    Oh and I would consider them homemade dumplings. You made the dinner at home didn't you? So it's homemade.

  9. #509
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: General Food Talk

    Quote Originally Posted by PugMum;3296973;
    Sounds so GOOD! I Will be trying these IF we ever get cold weather again. We are at 82 again today

    Oh and I would consider them homemade dumplings. You made the dinner at home didn't you? So it's homemade.



    Exactly!!! There you go!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  10. #510
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,195

    Re: General Food Talk

    It's so warm here and windy I don't even know what to make. I just feel like throwing together a salad and calling it dinner!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.