+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 468 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Can you post it in the recipe thread PGM?? That would be awesome!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh wow! I can't imagine making them at home but, then again, there is a WC about 1.5 miles from my home! All reviews that I've read about the frozen ones rank them high in quality and taste. I would not know. The kids at the community center eat frozen ones.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The frozen WC burgers aren't bad. I've never had one from the actual restaurant to compare it to though.
    Yup, with donuts!!

If you ever get to get a fresh one, make sure there is a line at the window. That way you'll know the burgers are fresh off the grill.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3191433;
    ok, i was tired, i actually was born in New York, but spent most of my childhood in Ohio!

i absolutely cannot stomach White Castle - it's the smell I can't get over. Which is kind of funny because my absolute favorite cheese is Pont L'Eveque and it smells like old socks!

Does anyone have a Taco John's nearby? They have a dessert called "Apple Grande" which is basically an elephant ear with apple pie filling covered with cheese on top. Agreed - apple pie + cheese is really yummy!

I can't stomach White Castle, either. Literally. I get sick if I eat anything from there. Quite sick. White Castle and Taco Bell. My stomach just can't do it.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3191831;
    We did an event at work the other night and I bought all kinds of cheese. Our local grocery store has a cheese department to die for. There's a dedicated employee int he department to help you with your selections - they even have a binder full of information about the cheeses. I ended up with some brie (a standby), some wonderful edam, along with Leiden - a lovely mild Dutch cheese with cumin seeds - and Drunken Goat, which is goat cheese soaked in red wine. YUM!

I LOVE White Castle, but you can't find them out west. There was a failed attempt many years ago to extend the chain out here and Californians just didn't get it. My folks are from St. Louis, so I guess my love of WC must be genetic! I've been known to buy the frozen ones when I have a mad craving, but nothing compares to fresh Sliders!
    I would love to try the drunken goat cheese
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I think Krystal hamburgers are better.

MRD

I'm with you Unk, but unfortunately the closest Krystals closed and I have to drive an hour to get to the nearest one. Sure wish I had an excuse to go to NC soon.

My roommate in college used to work for Krystals. Needless to say because of her working there, we had just about all the Krystals we could eat. It was great. Her next best job was at a pizza place and she got to bring all the pizzas that people ordered and didn't pick up and if I went in while she was working, we could score a pitcher or two of free beer.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3192818;
    The frozen WC burgers aren't bad. I've never had one from the actual restaurant to compare it to though.
    We went to WC for the first time when we took son to college last month. The frozen ones from Costco are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3192868;
    I think Krystal hamburgers are better.
    Interesting! I had a friend who moved to where only Krystal's were available, and she said that Krystal's were OK, but WCs were better. I think she liked WC's steamed buns better. I've never had Krystal's.

+ Reply to Thread