+ Reply to Thread
Page 473 of 479 FirstFirst ... 373423463464465466467468469470471472473474475476477478479 LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,730 of 4784
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

When my son was a little lap baby, the kind that still had to sit on your lap at the table and be fed, his granny used to keep him while I worked. She as fabulous with him....not me. I came in from work, and she told me to sit down; she had something to show me. She had plums. She had him on her lap, and he was just being "baby". She went to take a bite out of her plum, and the child just gagged!! His tongue ROLLED out and straight back in! She did it a couple of times, and so did he; never blinked an eye. Wonder if the pluots would have done the same thing to him? To this date, I don't know if the child can eat a plum.

The fruit sounds delicious, but I've never liked to deal with any fruit that was too juicy or runny. Too much trouble. Uh......NO.
    inthegarden likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

They sell pluots when they are in season at Publix grocery store. I've tried them before and they are yummy!
    I'm glad you posted so I can be on the lookout for them.

A friend of mine sent me a gift certificate to Amazon, so the first things I bought were two spice holders with pull-down trays. So tonight I got to clean out the spice cupboard :-) But it's so nice being able to see where everything is! (Well, almost everything...some of my jars are way too big to fit, so I have a separate cupboard for them.)

You can see them at http://flic.kr/p/oMfFxj.

Very cool! I've had glass spice jars fall out of the cupboard and break things on the counter more than once!
    Count your blessings!

I have a question for you. Does anyone here cook cucumber? My son's girlfriend said something to me the other day about how she only uses cucumber in cooked dishes. I have never heard of such a thing!? I cook a lot and I can't recall EVER cooking cucumber. I love cucumber, but only eat it fresh and I have a very strong preference for English cucumbers.

I've had cold cucumber soup.
    ClosetRTWatcher likes this.

I've had it cooked, but I haven't cooked it myself.
    Roasted Cucumbers and Onions with Fresh Herbs Recipe - Allrecipes.com
    Count your blessings!

I've never cooked it, although I've heard of recipes that use it.

I keep remembering some TV show (Chopped, maybe?) where they said "never cook cucumbers" :-)

I'm sad to report that my chef daughter is hanging up the hat for now. She's found a job in marketing. Even working at a high-end restaurant, her hours were ridiculously long and the pay is minimal. The wait staff makes LOADS more than the cooking staff. She's burnt out. On the other hand, she's very excited that now she'll have weekends off and better pay. I don't know if she'll miss it at some point and go back, or if it just isn't what she had hoped it would be. Too bad you can't tip the chefs when you go out to eat.
    Count your blessings!

I think her leaving is very well thought out. Unfortunately you cook for the pleasure, not for the money. The hours are brutal and the pay is minimal. You'll still get great home cooked meals though! I'm still jealous

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread