+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I've still never been a fan of root veggies, but I still TRY them when they are prepared in ways that I haven't had them, hoping for some kind of revelation. It's like with the okra....don't like it unless it is pickled. Am not a carrot fan unless it is carrot soup. Isn't that strange?
    Beets? Well, you can just ease on down the road with those....thanks, but "no thanks." I think our bodies try to protect us from certain things and I listen to mine more than I don't. These roots are offensive to me for a reason, but all of the time, I don't know why.

I am not a fan of blueberries, and am allergic to bananas and their hybrids, thereof. Unfortunately.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Has anyone ever tried fried spinach?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Uh...no. (And I'm not really sure that I want to, and I love spinach.)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't know if this is the same thing, but my husband makes a really good sauteed spinach with garlic and pine nuts (and sometimes bacon).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Which is your favorite meal of the day? I am all about a savory breakfast....at just about any time of the day!
    TripleGemini likes this.

I'm with you, prhoshay. I *love* breakfast (and for the longest time, it was the one meal that I was guaranteed to be able to eat).

And while I don't mind some sweet with my breakfast, I just don't eat enough of them. For example, when my son gets in the mood for waffles (he makes them), I can eat a half. He and my husband can each eat 3 or 4.

But soft scrambled eggs with bacon, grits (with butter and a little bit of salt), sausage gravy and a biscuit...yum :-)

Meals??? I'm an all day grazer. ;^)

Preferring my eggs over easy. And I see you understand the grits and butter with salt. I can also live with Cream of Wheat.

I'm the only person I know who likes Cream of Wheat.

I love breakfast too - we usually have breakfast stuff for dinner once a week. Bacon, grits, any kind of egg, toast and jam...yum.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I'm the only person I know who likes Cream of Wheat.
    Now you know one other :-) I love Cream of Wheat (even though it's not as healthy as oatmeal).
    waywyrd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread