+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

"...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What's everyone having for Easter? I don't usually "do" Easter, but a friend has found herself with all her family otherwise occupied and is a little down and wanted to cook. She's the one who took me in when I needed a place to stay, so I'll do just about anything for her. I'm driving 12 hours to Ohio tomorrow, so I told her it had to be early and I'm limiting myself to one glass of wine. She's making lamb, asparagus, and a salad . I'm bringing wine and making chocolate dipped strawberries.
    Count your blessings!

I don't think I've ever had lamb...I guess I should try it one of these days.

We're having ham, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and salad. And if I get my butt off the internet and go start it, some fresh bread.

Chocolate dipped strawberries - yum! We were going to go to the local farm and pick strawberries this weekend, but it's been raining since Friday night. Grr.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

IMO, Lamb is gross. It was the last meal my mother prepared, before she died, and I hated it then. I ate it, but I didn't like it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What an awful memory!
    It was delicious. Studded with garlic and medium rare.
    Count your blessings!

Roast lamb with rosemary swigs (hubby's color blind, wish me luck getting anything remotely rare, LOL), asparagus in Hollandaise sauce, baby peas, and mashed potatoes. I'm in charge of the potatoes and the gravy.

I'd be tickled to have the veggies!

^^ Give me the veggies too.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Lamb is all about how it's prepared. One of our family traditions used to be leg of lamb on Christmas Eve. The local butcher did a wonderful rub for it and it was always delicious. That being said, it's not my favorite.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I had to work today (I don't mind), so my husband met me at Old Town after my shift, and we went to dinner at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants (for which we had a gift certificate): Casa de Reyes. He had beef taquitos with guacamole and pico de gallo; I had crab-stuffed prawns wrapped in jalapeņo-infused bacon. And a margarita.
    TripleGemini and Debb70 like this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread