+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree481Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Oooh, I love pistachio ice cream (Ben and Jerry's is awesome) but I've never seen it in Talenti gelato! I need to find a place that carries more flavors.
    https://talentigelato.com/our-products/
    Click on the container for a description. Also a tab at the top to find a location near you that sells it. There are a few I want to try.
    Last edited by Gutmutter; 03-30-2014 at 09:39 PM.
    Count your blessings!

Listening to the talk about nuts going bad...it's like people suggesting chocolate could hang around long enough to go bad, LOL.
    prhoshay, Ellen and inthegarden like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    OMG - Vanilla for topping things, banana chocolate chip and blackberry chocolate chip. Coconut if you like that flavor. I had mango at my daughter's house and it is outstanding, but I can't find it here. The salted caramel is a little too sweet for me. The chocolate isn't dense enough. If I'm going to do chocolate, I like Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Therapy. I can eat just a couple of spoonfuls and be satisfied.
    Like I said, wash out and save the containers. They're great for food storage and hold just the right amount of leftovers to take for lunch the next day.
    Thank you! The grocery where I shop will occasionally have it BOGO free. I knew you would have some good suggestions. Blackberry chocolate chip...yum.
    I love reusable containers.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks View Post
    Listening to the talk about nuts going bad...it's like people suggesting chocolate could hang around long enough to go bad, LOL.
    Does... chocolate go bad?
    prhoshay likes this.

It gets "bloom" on it which isn't really a problem if you're going to melt it. Filled chocolate candies may be another story, or even chocolate with nuts that could theoretically go rancid.
    Count your blessings!

Ben and Jerry's was BOGO this week...Chocolate Therapy and Cherry Garcia jumped in my cart as I walked by.
    Brooks likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Chocolate Therapy and Cherry Garcia jumped in my cart as I walked by.
    Don't you hate when that happens?
    Ellen and inthegarden like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Not me! I take on the "victim of fate" role! It's a rough job, but somebody's gotta to it!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm trying to develop a menu for our annual Easter family luncheon. (app. 18-24 people) We've done pretty much everything over the years, burgers, hot dogs on grill, chicken, subs, pizza, Italian, chili etc. I'd like to do something different this time. Any suggestions?

I'd love to do seafood, but I think it would be too expensive and not everyone likes seafood, which is difficult to understand. lol

Maybe you could incorporate seafood as a side/appetizer? I made smoked salmon dip for a party just yesterday and it was a huge hit! One woman ran out of crackers on her plate and instead of going back for more she just scooped up the dip on her fork and ate it alone!

+ Reply to Thread