+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Doesn't have to be bland at all. I just needed to tone it down for myself.

Avocado was optional, but it was a way to make sure hubby wouldn't ask for a share, LOL.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I "get" him. Avocado has never seemed to be my friend. It is known, by me, to restrict me to my home/bedroom....if you know what I mean.

You know what's really interesting is that just last night, I was thinking about sardines in mustard! Haven't had any of that in YEARS (college days). Touch it up with a little hot sauce, a few crackers on the side, and I'm good to go!!

I'm also not a fan of the taste or texture of the beloved avocado. Even avocado potato chips have been know to set me free!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-29-2013 at 04:46 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Sardines is never a preference of mine....gross.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I wasn't a huge fan until I discovered that filets don't have the bones in them. The bones were what skeeved me out. I like them in mustard on a cracker. I'm trying to cut back on bread, but that recipe sounds good to me. I LOVE avocados.
    Count your blessings!

The bones in the sardines are a good source of calcium. I don't want the crunch of the backbones so I remove those. The rest of the bones are so tiny I don't consider them noticeable. The only bread I do is Ezekiel 4:9. No flour, just assorted sprouts. Made another batch today. I'm really enjoying it. Open faced feels more special than a closed sandwich.

Should be lots of other things you could use than bread or crackers. Celery sticks? Stuffing for large mushroom caps? Put through a blender the spread might work as a salad dressing or the start of one.

I knew someone would mention that about the bones but I eat a LOT of leafy greens like kale , arugula, watercress, etc. and they have loads of calcium. If the bones are going to put me off eating them, I'm better off getting the filets.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Made that horrendous trek to the grocery store yesterday....that pre-frigidity/storm trip, and it was horrible! When I saw a guy come to grab a cart out of the parking lot, when I arrived, the first thing I did was grab cart when I got out of my car; I always try to park next to the cart-return space. There were NONE available inside the store. I couldn't believe people were just standing around waiting for carts to come in. I spent $150, but I finally got my Hebrew Nationals and a box of Constant Comment tea and toilet tissue!! I am good to go!

They ought to install one of those "K-Mart special" flashing lights at the cart-returns when there are, repeatedly, none available in the stores.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I got a gig bag of onions a few weeks back and I have kept them where is cold so today I slices up a bunch and am carmelizing them. Gonna make some french onion soup and use the rest to put on top of meat patties. I still have a bunch to cut up and do something with.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Sounds yummy, nennie.

I haven't had sardines in many years, but I recall when I was a kid my dad used to eat them a lot. He would put them on crackers and eat them as a snack. I thought it was so cool and so he would share them with me. I didn't know any other kids who loved sardines! lol Maybe, I'll try them again.

+ Reply to Thread