+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree381Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Sounds like I'm more alone than not. My unit, Amazon used to fulfill the order, but they don't anymore. That stinks.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm interested in the microwave bacon cooker. I used to cook on papertowels. That works pretty good for me.
    I don't mind cooking on the stove either, since I don't cook it often.

I heard Rubin Studdard say recently that he ate turkey bacon from Whole Foods that is not cured. What is that? He says it's great and has only 30 calories.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

My parents had one of those microwave bacon thingamajigs. It did an OK job but I can't remember if it affected the flavor/texture of bacon or not.

I use the oven. The bacon doesn't shrink as much, stays flat and of course I save the bacon grease for flavoring in other dishes or for cooking. It may take a little longer but no grease in the eye either. That fricken really hurts!
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

The only time I've had an issue with the bacon texture is when I have overcooked/overmicrowaved it. The flavor has never been an issue. I can say that beef bacon (an oxymoron? ) is chewier than other bacons, but I like that kind of texture, too. Haven't had beef bacon in quite a while, but it's now on my mind! For a while, that's all I would buy.

I'd like to try the Morningstar Veggie bacon. Bethenny and her guests say it's really good.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I haven't tried the Morningstar bacon but I have tried some of their other products and they were really tasty. Like really tasty.
    We're not going to Guam are we?

I, too, have enjoyed other Morningstar products!

They do a fine job!

I sure could use a green salad with lots of cucumber!

Our local butcher makes a wild boar bacon. Really delicious!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I guess pig is pig. Wouldn't mind tasting that! Can you describe it? Taste? Texture?

Wild boar bacon! I'd love to try that.
    I'm watching a show on PBS by David Pearlmutter about how food affects the brain. The basics: cut out sugar and carbs. Add good fats - olive oil, coconut oil, avocado, and eggs. Warns against cholesterol drugs because the brain is 70% fat and needs cholesterol. Aerobic exercise, of course. A big part of his message is how gluten sabotages the body in so many ways. I'm hearing that more and more from a lot of sources.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread