+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    What kind of flavor does butternut squash have? I take it the texture is potato-like.
    I think it tastes most like a sweet potato and the texture is the same. I just roasted mine with a little oil and salt. I ate the whole thing over a course of a couple days.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So, this squash is sweet?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I think it tastes most like a sweet potato and the texture is the same. I just roasted mine with a little oil and salt. I ate the whole thing over a course of a couple days.
    That's what we do nennie.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've never seemed to care much for zucchini. Maybe I've just not had it prepared properly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's a little sweet; but not as much as a sweet potato.

It is cold here and I want to make been soup for this week (and for the budget).
    You can do it!

A pot of beans is to die for!! There should ever be any apologies or explanations! Yum-Yum!!!

I knew a woman who used to cut up a dill pickle into her bowl, and I didn't understand it. She said, "Try it." I did. 3 words:
    FA-BU-LOUS!!!!

I had been deprived!!!!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 11-15-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    pikachu likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    A pot of beans is to die for!! There should ever be any apologies or explanations! Yum-Yum!!!

I knew a woman who used to cut up a dill pickle into her bowl, and I didn't understand it. She said, "Try it." I did. 3 words:
    FA-BU-LOUS!!!!

I had been deprived!!!!
    My chow chow in beans is similar. It is not a sweet relish. The butternut squash isn't sweet sweet just enough to be really tasty.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

My pickle is dill, cut into chunks!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

I like bread and butter pickles with my turnip greens. My mom was visiting and questioned my taste until she tried it.

I love any type of chow chow with beans. One year I made squash relish with my abundant squash crop. Yum!

I've had chow-chow before. Very tasty. I am not a fan of any kind of pickle with sweetness, and I prefer my dills to be garlic dills.

+ Reply to Thread