+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I DON'T need another bad-for-you addiction. I won't be trying them.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I refuse to die "wishing I had", if I can help it"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A friend gave me a Trisha Yearwood cookbook! Talk about simplicity. Even I am looking forward to putting some things together. If it's as simple as it appears to be, I may just give it to my son....Mr. I Don't Know How To Boil An Egg.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    A friend gave me a Trisha Yearwood cookbook! Talk about simplicity. Even I am looking forward to putting some things together. If it's as simple as it appears to be, I may just give it to my son....Mr. I Don't Know How To Boil An Egg.
    There is an old paperback titled The I Never Cooked Before Cook Book" that I found a long time ago.

It is an excellent "beginner's" book. Amazon has som reprints ... but the vintage ones are listed on auction sites for & $50-60
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I found one for 13.96 and one for 26.96, I think. The reviews are all really good.

I found one for 13.96 and one for 26.96, I think. The reviews are all really good.
    The original one is the one with the yellow cover ... but I presume the contents are the same . Maybe the library has it ... so you could check it out.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I can't believe that the library didn't even cross my mind, as much as I harp on using it! I'm with the people who keep asking, "Why is this book out of print???" That's just stooopid. Who is ignoring this little gold mine?

Has anyone ever had kale salad? As long as it's not sweet, I'd definitely try it.
    Ellen likes this.

Has anyone ever had kale salad? As long as it's not sweet, I'd definitely try it.
    Yes, its not sweet at all
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I don't know if it's a specific thing, but I have kale in my salad all the time. Sometimes baby kale, which is tender enough to eat like lettuce, sometimes "massaged" kale, which is the tougher kale leaves massaged with a little olive oil, and sometimes steamed kale made ahead and kept in the fridge.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread