+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree535Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I'm adventurous, and it sounds like it would agree with me. I'll report back.
    At first, a little goes a long way -- until you get used to it...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Thank you for the guidance! That knowledge could come in handy!
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    We use it on sweet potato fries, and also on basa, but a very light sprinkling. I can hardly taste it, but I know its there.
    I have never tasted chipotle OR basa. I looked up basa and it says they are catfish from the Mekong River in Vietnam? Interesting.

I usually learn something new here.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I went on a weekend retreat with some girlfriends and we had THE best drink. It's Smirnoff Kissed Caramel vodka mixed with Creme de Cacao and then topped off with a sprinkle of salted caramel hot cocoa mix (we got ours from World Market). I'm not a big drinker, but OMG, it was beyond good.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

That sounds awesome!
    I've been waking up in the wee hours and having trouble getting back to sleep. It's too late for anything that would knock me out and I don't usually have milk (warm milk with honey really does it for me) but I tried hot chocolate 2 nights ago and it knocked me right out. I was afraid there would be caffeine, but part of the reason I'm waking up is chest congestion, and chocolate is proven to ease that.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    That sounds awesome!
    I've been waking up in the wee hours and having trouble getting back to sleep. It's too late for anything that would knock me out and I don't usually have milk (warm milk with honey really does it for me) but I tried hot chocolate 2 nights ago and it knocked me right out. I was afraid there would be caffeine, but part of the reason I'm waking up is chest congestion, and chocolate is proven to ease that.
    It was like candy. Very dangerous!

You've got me craving hot chocolate! I'm not sure if it's a blessing or a curse, but I can fall asleep even if I've had 2 cups of tea within the hour before I go to bed. It's great if I need to get some sleep, but not so great if I really want to stay up!

We've finally gotten some cooler temps at night, so I'm drinking more hot tea. I used the $10 birthday gift certificate that World Market sent and bought another cannister of Zhena's coconut chai tea. YUM! I also splurged and bought some of their vanilla chai as well. When it's cold, I love hot tea with a little sugar and cream.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I've been craving tea with milk, too. Really got to pick my moment since the theobromine effect has to be planned for. I'm not wild about using a restroom other than my own. I won't even drink iced tea after 1-2-pm, if I can help/resist it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I had sleepy time tea last night, vanilla and other goodies, I was out like a light I also love cocoa and milk, tastes good and its good for you
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

All this cozy drink talk ... now I am tired!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Looks like there's a trip to Target in my future. Trying the chocolate-dipped Lays potato chips is a must! I doesn't sound that good, but I need firsthand, anecdotal experience. I love chocolate and yogurt covered pretzels, so how bad can it be?

I usually prefer my Lays pure and basic!!

+ Reply to Thread