+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree431Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I miss banana pudding, banana nut bread, banana everything. My mouth waters just writing about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Pull your bananas apart and store your fresh strawberries - unwashed - in a colander in the fridge. They last days longer.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never heard that "trick" with bananas.

When bananas start to get too ripe ... I mash and put each in an individual bag, freeze them and they are perfect for banana bread and banana nut muffins.

I am not a huge fan of banana pudding or banana cream pie.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

It's a great and good God who created pumpkin ice cream!!! Because of that, this is a wonderful time of year!!!! One should never have to live without it.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have eaten too much pumpkin pie already, our thanksgiving is this weekend, more food!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ellen likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I never heard that "trick" with bananas.

When bananas start to get too ripe ... I mash and put each in an individual bag, freeze them and they are perfect for banana bread and banana nut muffins.

I am not a huge fan of banana pudding or banana cream pie.
    Echo does the bananas not turn black when you freeze them? I have opportunity to get lots of ripe bananas but I don't take them because I can't get them used up and don't know how to freeze them.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Non-cook, here, was wondering about the frozen bananas turning black, too.

No, if they're peeled and frozen, they do not turn black. I just peel them and pull them into chunks as I'm putting them into a baggie. I use them up pretty quickly frozen, because I take a smoothie to work for lunch most days and the frozen banana (with other fruits) makes it sweet and creamy and keeps it cold until lunchtime. Yesterday I had frozen banana, fresh mango, almond milk, flax seeds, maca powder, and a tiny squirt of raw honey. It was the best smoothie I ever made.
    Oh, and my latest applesauce enhancement was dried pineapple cut into chunks. When I was at work and about to eat some, I spied my Trader Joe's coconut chips () and added some in. Pina colada applesauce!
    Count your blessings!

It's only the peel that turns black in the freezer. The banana is fine.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Gonna take the extra bananas the next time offered me and freeze some of them.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

+ Reply to Thread