+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 475 FirstFirst ... 30313233343536373839404142434445464748495090140 ... LastLast
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3255773;
    Lucy, when Paul and I lived apart, I gave him a recipe for meatloaf. He made it one night but he dumped a can of mushroom soup on it. I was like, "you did what?"
    Ick!!! (That's my reaction to a can of ANY cream of anything soup, though.)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;3255768;
    I love reading recipes online and people's comments after them on recipe sites, but today I was finally amazed at the changes some people will make to recipes. I do it to an extent (usually involving extra garlic or onion ) but I was reading a recipe for a chickpea soup on the Food Network today, and one of the commenters said it was great soup but that they added .... a Cornish game hen. What the heck? How do you even think to do that?
    Thanks for the laugh! That is sooooo funny, I couldn't stop laughing!!! It's like you said, "how do you even think to do that?"...Hmmmm "I think I'll add a cornish game hen to my soup!"
    Ohmgosh...that is tooo funny!
    It's like, well I was making a spaghetti sauce and thought it needed something so I looked in my pantry, and I threw in some graham crackers, baked beans and a can of tuna fish.....delicious! LOL!
    Sorry, Lucy....I can't stop laughing at this one!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3256417;
    That's because fish at Long John's isn't breaded the way frozen fish is. They are more fluffy and yummy flakey fish, not compressed cod!!
    You wish they were made of compressed cod--I accidentally saw a couple of articles that made me swear off eating fish sticks or chicken nuggets ever again! I did use to eat them when I'd get a weird craving for little kid food. Now I stick with kraft macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders--the kind made from one big piece of meat.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Well since Thanksgiving I seem to have gone from one menu to another.

I have to work a party on New Year's Eve, and won't get home until about 3 a.m., so am now trying to figure out how I'm going to do our traditional New Year's Day bounty.

I make fried chicken ONE day of the year and it's New Year's. But I think this year I'm forgoing it. I figure I can put the black eyed peas in one crockpot at 3 a.m. when I get home, the collard greens in another and when I finally wake up, they will be done and I'm just left with making rice and cornbread.
    We usually have ham too along with the fried chicken and hubby is capable of cooking the ham for that day.

We have to have our tradional New Year's meal. Hubby remarked that he hasn't thought the black eyed peas and collards have brought us that much luck or wealth over the years and I told him "hush your mouth, think how much worse things would be if we didn't eat that every Jan. 1"
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I had the most delicious sandwich for lunch today. I had some leftover honey baked ham from our family holiday party yesterday. I really wanted to make a sandwich, but I was out of mayo. So I made a ham, hummus, and feta cheese sandwich on pita bread. It was delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3257345;
    You wish they were made of compressed cod--I accidentally saw a couple of articles that made me swear off eating fish sticks or chicken nuggets ever again! I did use to eat them when I'd get a weird craving for little kid food. Now I stick with kraft macaroni and cheese and chicken tenders--the kind made from one big piece of meat.
    I saw a similar article about Chicken McNuggets and have never eaten another one again!! This was 14 years ago!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Was just watching something on tv and they showed Usinger's Sausage Co. in Milwaukee, WI. OMG!!! Check out the gift baskets. Especially the one called The Entertainer.

I now know what I will be getting my husband for our anniversary and his birthday. He is notoriously hard to buy for, yet he loves stuff like this place sells. I have to admit, my mouth is watering after browsing their website.

Usinger's Famous Sausage, Wisconsin Gift Boxes, Corporate Gifts and Holiday mailorder meats & cheese gifts
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3260019;
    Was just watching something on tv and they showed Usinger's Sausage Co. in Milwaukee, WI. OMG!!! Check out the gift baskets. Especially the one called The Entertainer.

I now know what I will be getting my husband for our anniversary and his birthday. He is notoriously hard to buy for, yet he loves stuff like this place sells. I have to admit, my mouth is watering after browsing their website.

Usinger's Famous Sausage, Wisconsin Gift Boxes, Corporate Gifts and Holiday mailorder meats & cheese gifts
    My dad would have loved that site.

Ugh, I've been in such a cooking slump the last year or so. I told my sister I was going to help her prepare NYE's supper with her and somehow I ended up with all the big items (I only blame myself). I did some prep tonight and ended up screwing up a few things and burning a few others. I used to love cooking, I have no clue what happened. Actually, I do. I have two young children.

Aww I'm sorry DesertRose! I hate when that happens. I've burnt an entire roast before with nothing else to cook!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread