+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 496 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Burrata cheese sounds amazing!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Every so often, the White Castle will offer garlic cheeseburgers. The "cheese" (which is really a cheese product) is a garlic flavored American and it is to die for! Other than online, I've not been able to find that cheese anywhere. Any hints?

I can't imagine peanut butter and Velveeta........but I couldn't imagine peanut butter on celery until I tried it. Mega-YUM!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

White Castle. YUM! I wish we still had one close to us. Even Krystals here closed and I LOVE Krystals hamburgers. I have to know go to Georgia or NC if I want a Krystal's hamburger.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;3190761;
    i love Dubliner, it's a great cheese.

Anyone else eat cheddar cheese with apple pie? I love that - it's what I grew up with, even though I lived most of my life in NY. My parents were from New England, so maybe that is the reason. Any New Englander's out there to verify that?
    ok, i was tired, i actually was born in New York, but spent most of my childhood in Ohio!

i absolutely cannot stomach White Castle - it's the smell I can't get over. Which is kind of funny because my absolute favorite cheese is Pont L'Eveque and it smells like old socks!
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Yup, I live in New England and my parents raised me on Cheddar Cheese and Apple Pie... For Breakfast... Cracker Barrel was the cheese of choice in the Brodie household...
    Ingorance killed the Cat... Curiousity was framed!

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

for us, it was Vermont cheddar. My mom was raised in Vermont and would never eat anything different.

another thing that I abosolutely love but can only get in Rhode Island and Conneticutt (I know I spelled that wrong, sorry!) are clam fritters. We used to go to Aunt Carrie's down on the Rhode Island coast each year and I always got those. That is also where I found out about clam bellies. Sandy muck, yuck.
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

We did an event at work the other night and I bought all kinds of cheese. Our local grocery store has a cheese department to die for. There's a dedicated employee int he department to help you with your selections - they even have a binder full of information about the cheeses. I ended up with some brie (a standby), some wonderful edam, along with Leiden - a lovely mild Dutch cheese with cumin seeds - and Drunken Goat, which is goat cheese soaked in red wine. YUM!

I LOVE White Castle, but you can't find them out west. There was a failed attempt many years ago to extend the chain out here and Californians just didn't get it. My folks are from St. Louis, so I guess my love of WC must be genetic! I've been known to buy the frozen ones when I have a mad craving, but nothing compares to fresh Sliders!
    Shoepie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's one of those things that when you gotta have it......YouGotToHaveIt!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I love WC! I've never been to an actual chain but I've had the frozen ones.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have a recipe for White Castle sliders if anyone wants it.

+ Reply to Thread