+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree521Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Unfortunately, sometimes you just stop where you are. I still don't understand the Walmart love.
    Ellen likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Unfortunately, sometimes you just stop where you are. I still don't understand the Walmart love.
    I know.
    I understand that it's cheap in the "right now."
    But in the long run, it's so bad for local economy and personal health (given the majority of the "foods" it sells).
    Believe me, it's a struggle for hubby and me to keep our focus on long-term vs. right-now economy.
    So for us, it's quality over quantity.
    And it's been working for us with regard to health issues, overall.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I don't always agree with walmart on how they do things but I live in a town it is wither them or the local supermarket. I buy at the supermarket when they have a good sale or I don't want to drive the 3 miles on farther to walmart. Another thing is they price match and so a lot of out of town stores have good sales and I can go to walmart and price match.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    I don't support Walmart.
    I don't either. I avoid them and Sam's Club as much as possible.

I don't think I've ever even eaten a smoked turkey drumstick, much less seen one....or wanted one. Maybe I'm in the majority, which is why stores aren't stocking them
    Ellen likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Lots of stores stock them. I use them as flavoring things like greens and pots of beans, green beans, etc.

Some of the better cooks I know taught me about them and use them.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-24-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't like Turkey. It's such a boring meat
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Plain turkey definitely is!

Smoked turkey adds flavor but is not greasy.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 09-24-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Plain turkey definitely is!

Smoked turkey adds flavor but is not greasy.
    My FIL had a smoker, he did some turkey for us. I don't like the smoky flavour, hubby does though
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I don't always agree with walmart on how they do things but I live in a town it is wither them or the local supermarket. I buy at the supermarket when they have a good sale or I don't want to drive the 3 miles on farther to walmart. Another thing is they price match and so a lot of out of town stores have good sales and I can go to walmart and price match.
    I buy certain things at Wal-Mart, I shop all around really. I do like their price match. I used to buy more at Costco, their portions are way too large for us, great for a family
    -Andy Rooney-

I outgrew root beer as a child, and can't stand the thought of it, to this very day.
    You're doing it wrong. Grown-up root beer float. Three ingredients: Root beer. Jack Daniels. Vanilla Ice Cream.
    Ellen likes this.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread