+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree476Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen View Post
    A plus? It's just next door to Temecula Olive Oil.
    Well, dang. How have I always missed it, I wonder? (We always wander Old Towne before I buy my oil and vinegar. It's just fun :-) And I usually buy vanilla there, too.)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I outgrew root beer as a child, and can't stand the thought of it, to this very day.
    I haven't had any sort of soda (way, way too sweet for me now) in over a decade.
    But hubby likes it. And he's fussy -- thank goodness! -- about avoiding high fructose corn syrup. So this place is a good source for his "guilty pleasures."

My guilty pleasures are just a minute's walk away at La Casa de las Rosas (winery tasting room).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

The only soda I ever drink is Hannaford's sparkling blood orange juice. It's in the juice aisle, but it's too sweet not to be called soda. I don't drink it often - mostly to top off my margaritas.
    Count your blessings!

Well a root beer float or a black cow is more like a dessert than a drink. My favorite was always A&W.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Last night I was sitting in a hospital ER waiting for someone. I looked up and saw a snack vending machine in the corner. It had 2 big banners on it telling people to "Eat Healthy Snacks". So, I checked out the contents. Four varieties of potato chips, several varieties of pretzels, some Cheetos, an assortment of Hostess cupcakes, donuts, etc. And lets not forget he Gummy Bears! These are a hospitals version of "Healthy Snacks"!
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend...never owned a dog.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post
    Last night I was sitting in a hospital ER waiting for someone. I looked up and saw a snack vending machine in the corner. It had 2 big banners on it telling people to "Eat Healthy Snacks". So, I checked out the contents. Four varieties of potato chips, several varieties of pretzels, some Cheetos, an assortment of Hostess cupcakes, donuts, etc. And lets not forget he Gummy Bears! These are a hospitals version of "Healthy Snacks"!
    Yikes. I'd hate to see what qualifies as "not healthy"...
    Arsenic pops? Hemlock on a stick?
    Photobabe likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Photobabe View Post

Fats, Oils & Sweets = Hostess cupcakes, Donuts
    Milk, Yogurt & Cheese Group = Cheetos
    Meat, Poultry, Fish, Dried Beans and Nuts Group =
    Vegetable Group = Potato Chips
    Fruit Group = Gummy Bears
    Breads, Cereal, Rice and Pasta Group = Pretzels

Well, if there where candy bars containing nuts, they would have covered all the food groups.
    Brooks likes this.

I know I've seen vending machines with granola bar/trail mix type choices. Your hospital could do better. Did you mention it to anyone? Even just a pack of peanuts - of course then you'd run up against people with peanut allergies.
    Count your blessings!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find it highly annoying to go into a grocery store and they don't carry smoked turkey drumsticks or smoked turkey wings. These are a staple for my freezer! YES, STOOOPID WALMART, I AM TALKING ABOUT YOU!! THESE ARE NOT HOLIDAY SPECIALTY ITEMS.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't support Walmart.
    waywyrd likes this.

+ Reply to Thread