+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree444Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    As Info ... Saturday, August 31 ... is National Bacon Day!

National Bacon Day 2013: Bacon lovers unite for annual celebration | WJLA.com
    Nooo!!!!!! I missed National Bacon Day! If I had known, I would have gone to Wendy's to get a Baconator combo to celebrate the day. It's my own fault for not checking back on this thread before now.

Oh, well. I'll just have to mark my calendar next year so I can prepare in advance and celebrate National Bacon Day in style. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, a BLT for lunch, and a Baconator combo for supper. Of course, I might not live to celebrate the following year, with all that cholesterol flowing through my veins.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

It's been months since I've had bacon in my house. I think I am soon to remedy that situation. I desire a bump in my cholesterol! Life is too short to live, nonstop, without bacon! The smell!!! The taste!!! Had my bloodwork done several weeks ago, and my cholesterol was really good. It's been a while since I used my wonderful bacon cooker. It allows the fat to drip down into a tray, which is a good thing.
    pikachu and Cootie like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

See? Now I'm hungry again!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

I forgot to pick up bacon last night. I'll have to get it today. We'll have it for breakfast in the morning. I think I'll do pancakes too! Life is short. I may even splurge on real maple syrup!
    prhoshay likes this.

I found this on pinterest and thought it was a great idea.

Buffet Pancake Dippers - Lady Behind the Curtain
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

Sounds really good. Kids would love it! Wish I were more of a kitchen person. Can't remember the last time I've had pancakes or waffles.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by nennie View Post
    I found this on pinterest and thought it was a great idea.

Buffet Pancake Dippers - Lady Behind the Curtain
    That is a great idea ... and it looks SO good. The heck with the "buffet". I'll make some for ME!
    nennie likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Thanks for the pancake with bacon buffet link. I may definitely use it for our big holiday breakfast. We are planning on doing a Thanksgiving Breakfast this year. Most everyone has so many places to go and eat that it's too rushed and people too full to start at lunch time. My mom came up with the idea last year. I think everyone is going to like the idea.

We are planning on mainly breakfast foods such as, ham, bacon, quiche, grits, pancakes, cinnamon buns, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, etc. I'm going to start looking for some interesting recipes soon.

I think I should come!!!!!
    TripleGemini likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I think I should come!!!!!
    Oh yeah. The more the merrier! We're thinking of starting pretty early say 7:30 -8:00. This will give us more time together. We can stay for a few hours and then those that have other places to eat can go to their destinations. Some have to drive out of town, so they can get an early start after the Breakfast Thanksgiving. It'll be the first year of doing this, but I think coming up with new breakfast recipes for the occasion will be so fun.

+ Reply to Thread