+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 495 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647484989139 ... LastLast
Like Tree528Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I love reading recipes online and people's comments after them on recipe sites, but today I was finally amazed at the changes some people will make to recipes. I do it to an extent (usually involving extra garlic or onion ) but I was reading a recipe for a chickpea soup on the Food Network today, and one of the commenters said it was great soup but that they added .... a Cornish game hen. What the heck? How do you even think to do that?
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, that cracks me up too. A little while ago I was looking up a recipe for chicken adobo; everyone loved it except one woman who gave it two stars. So I read her review, and it turns out she made it with pork chops and it sucked. Yes, lady, I'm sure that was the fault of the recipe.

Lucy, when Paul and I lived apart, I gave him a recipe for meatloaf. He made it one night but he dumped a can of mushroom soup on it. I was like, "you did what?" He swears that him and the kids loved it. But they seem to like it my way, too.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD

Lucy, I am because I cannot imagine the process for that. "hmm, I made this great chickpea soup. But it needs something. OH! I'll put in a cornish game hen. Now it's perfect."
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3255773;
    Lucy, when Paul and I lived apart, I gave him a recipe for meatloaf. He made it one night but he dumped a can of mushroom soup on it. I was like, "you did what?" He swears that him and the kids loved it. But they seem to like it my way, too.
    My mom did this once. Trouble was, both my sister and I had pneumonia at the time, ate it anyway, thought it was good at the time, and now I can't even think about it without getting queasy.

I have that issue now with fish sticks. The smell of them cooking makes my tummy hurt. I had a really bad flu when I was little and my sitter basically made me sit there and eat my dinner.
    The same thing goes for apple juice..... well tequila too I guess! Anything that has made me sick I cannot even smell it!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

My husband teases me that if I've gotten sick from it, I don't eat it. took me thirty years to eat peppermint again and I'm still not a big fan of coconut. But i draw the line at butterscotch pudding and anything banana flavored. I can eat bananas, but I'm not sure I can even type Banana's Foster without getting queasy.

And fish sticks while they never made me sick, I would practically have to be starving and on my deathbed to eat those. They look nasty, smell nasty and the one or two times I've had to eat them, tasted nasty. But I'll eat the fish at Long John Silvers, so go figure.

That's because fish at Long John's isn't breaded the way frozen fish is. They are more fluffy and yummy flakey fish, not compressed cod!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3256417;
    That's because fish at Long John's isn't breaded the way frozen fish is. They are more fluffy and yummy flakey fish, not compressed cod!!
    And they're fried, not baked in the oven. Frying makes ALL the difference. I'm convinced you could batter and fry a rock and it would taste yummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer;3255773;
    In Paulie's defense that really doesn't sound too bad.

+ Reply to Thread