+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree510Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Sara Lee makes them too.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Were we talking about watermelon here?

Article: http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...?_r=1&#Granita
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

For some reason, I am having a taste for a pineapple slice in some Coca-Cola or ginger ale. That just sounds so delicious to me right now. I'm also craving my favorite iced tea with ginger ale refresher. Maybe it's because the weather is going on HELL this week; mid to upper 90s all week. I am soooo sick of summer. I really shouldn't complain since we've had a wonderful stretch of upper 70s-low 80s this summer.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've been wanting some nice, ripe, cantaloupe. I only had a little over the summer and I think it's now out of season. It seems the season was too short. I can hardly ever get enough cantaloupe. I even went by a couple of those road side home grown markets.

Does anyone know if you have a green house, can you grow seasonal foods year round? Like you could you grow cantaloupes, tomatoes, etc., all the time?

I am allergic to all melons! That's not fair, since I love them.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by debb70 View Post
    i've been wanting some nice, ripe, cantaloupe. I only had a little over the summer and i think it's now out of season. It seems the season was too short. I can hardly ever get enough cantaloupe. I even went by a couple of those road side home grown markets.

does anyone know if you have a green house, can you grow seasonal foods year round? Like you could you grow cantaloupes, tomatoes, etc., all the time?

Yes you can. Commercial Growers use greenhouses all the time to grow produce. The Greenhouse environment is easier to control and maintain than the outdoor environment. Produce can be grown in pots or soil beds. Another type is hydropontic gardening, greenhouses where plants are grown in water beds.
    Debb70 likes this.

As Info ... Saturday, August 31 ... is National Bacon Day!

National Bacon Day 2013: Bacon lovers unite for annual celebration | WJLA.com

Mohandas Gandhi

No wonder I have been craving something with bacon on it ALL week!!!

Now I want a BLT for lunch!

Mohandas Gandhi

I've tried to cut out eating bacon except for special occasions. I think this weekend is a special occasion. It's my rose bush's 3rd birthday! lol
    Ellen, Cootie and TripleGemini like this.

+ Reply to Thread