+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree455Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I get mine from a health store, they need to be kept in the fridge, and I swear by this brand.( DDS) I no longer suffer with IBS since taking these
    Can you give more details about them? I looked on Amazon and there were so many options of the DDS. And can you order them on line, even though they have to be kept in the fridge?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I looked up 'kefir', and got "green around the gills"! Thank goodness I don't have a condition that would make me see the need to try it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Can you give more details about them? I looked on Amazon and there were so many options of the DDS. And can you order them on line, even though they have to be kept in the fridge?
    Where I buy mine they are kept in the fridge, so I always kept them there. I have every family member on them now.

Refrigerate your product. Although not always a requirement, it is advisable to keep probiotic products refrigerated to prolong their shelf life. Interestingly, all of the products that specifically suggested that they be kept refrigerated passed the ConsumerLab.com review, possibly because they were maintained under more favorable conditions during their storage and distribution.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hahahahaha - kefir is delicious! It is just a more liquid form of yogurt. It comes plain or fruit flavored.
    Ellen likes this.
    Count your blessings!

I love kefir. They have some delicious flavors now
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I looked up 'kefir', and got "green around the gills"! Thank goodness I don't have a condition that would make me see the need to try it.
    Not sure why -- unless someone who got on a search engine hates anything yogurt-like.
    Milk-based kefir is, as best as I can describe, a thin yogurt -- good as a smoothie base, or sauce over fresh fruit.
    Water-based kefir is kind of like a gently-fizzy soda base -- I like to add fruit and/or herbs for fun, yummy drinks.
    Kefir has never made me "green around the gills."
    Sounds like someone did it wrong...
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Why do I find Giada soooooo boring? I find her show just about intolerable and never-ending! On the positive side, she does have a really pretty smile with great teeth.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Giada's smile is fake most of the time to me and she loves showing off her girls. Some of her stuff is okay.
    You don't have to attend every argument you are invited to.

I really need some pickled okra! I'm not big on okra, but you pickle it and I'm all there!!!

I still think you could ask out of concern, not accusing her. Especially since it could really affect your dad's health.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread