+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I normally eat turkey only on Thanksgiving which is why I enjoy it so much on that day. With just the two of us here I hate to buy even a small turkey. Hubby won't eat turkey breast so I'd need a whole turkey and I have no separate freezer to store it.

I cook turkey a lot. We love it and I see no reason to wait until a holiday to enjoy. I just love my turkey still a little warm after resting for about 15 minutes. I love baked chicken too.

Making a menu for my son's university graduation brunch on the 9th. There is so much that I want to eat that I am going overboard as usual.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, it's not as if "you all" graduate from university everyday! You also don't eat like this everyday! Eat, drink, and be merry!!!! I'm sure you've earned it!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    tbamom likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just hate that I have about 20 who haven't rsvp'd yet. I am so making macaroons, though. Multi coloured and flavoured.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I just love my turkey still a little warm after resting for about 15 minutes.
    I hate this. I bake a great chicken. Hubby insists on carving it but not until it has rested for a while. Fine. Just don't expect me at the dinner table until I've reheated it in the microwave. (I don't get cooking a bird and then having to eat it lukewarm or cold. That's what leftovers are for.)

Turkey is okay ... and a really great excuse for all the trimmings ... mashed potatoes with the gravy of coarse, candied sweet potatoes, dressing/stuffing, cranberry sauce ... Now I am very hungry!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Yikes! I know I am the who stands alone on this one, but I don't even care to see turkey on holidays. It just doesn't mooooove me. I don't dislike it....I just don't care about it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Yikes! I know I am the who stands alone on this one, but I don't even care to see turkey on holidays. It just doesn't mooooove me. I don't dislike it....I just don't care about it.
    You are not alone .i would rather have a wonderful chicken than a boring gobble
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Am I remembering correctly? Aren't meats "rested" in order to keep them from losing their juices and drying out?
    Ellen likes this.

+ Reply to Thread