+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Yup! I find them with the foils and storage bags. I use Reynolds SlowCooker liners. They are like a brown n serve bag except for the crock pot.
    They fit 3 to 6.5 quart cooker.
    You've got to find them Fanny Mare. They are great!
    Well I sure do!! I have a busy Easter weekend, but a girl has to grocery shop.Thank you inthegarden
    inthegarden likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Me neither... who's been keep'n that secret from me.. and WHY???? I gotta get one of those!
    That is how I felt when I first started using them. I don't know why they don't advertize them.
    They are sometimes hard to find...another evil plot...so, I buy 2 packs (4 liners to a pack) at a time...now that I found them I'm never running out!

That is how I felt when I first started using them. I don't know why they don't advertize them.
    They are sometimes hard to find...another evil plot...so, I buy 2 packs (4 liners to a pack) at a time...now that I found them I'm never running out!
    *BIG SIGH* *points at inthegarden* It's you... YOU are keeping them alllllllll for yourself. No wonder I don't know about them or see them at the grocery store... YOU are keeping them alllll for yourself.

*passes out from the shock*
    inthegarden likes this.

I guess that's what I should do. Hubby does shift work, so these would be great.I will stock up.
    inthegarden likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    *BIG SIGH* *points at inthegarden* It's you... YOU are keeping them alllllllll for yourself. No wonder I don't know about them or see them at the grocery store... YOU are keeping them alllll for yourself.

*passes out from the shock*
    Actually, I think it is an attempt to keep us in the kitchen scrubbing...... and scrubbing the cheese dip, chilli, lasagna, mac n cheese or any other requested crusty "football" food from the crock, so....they will be able to control the TV.
    Otherwise, it would be advertized in excess... like so many of the...um... disfunctional commercials.

Actually, I think it is an attempt to keep us in the kitchen scrubbing...... and scrubbing the cheese dip, chilli, lasagna, mac n cheese or any other requested crusty "football" food from the crock, so....they will be able to control the TV.
    Otherwise, it would be advertized in excess... like so many of the...um... disfunctional commercials.
    MEN!!!!!!

The only kind of those liners I've seen are plastic and I'm not so convinced it's really safe to cook food - especially over a long period of time - in plastic like that. Plus, I don't think the crock pot liners are recyclable. That's why I won't buy them. It's why I won't buy those disposable steamer bags either.

I just soak the crock pot overnight in hot, soapy water and it comes clean in a few minutes.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good question. The liners are BPA-free, FDA approved and Kosher. The information is on the Reynolds website under Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners FAQ.

I'm still paranoid about that stuff. Plus, I've been recycling since I was a little kid. I just couldn't buy something like that only to throw it away. No judgment. I'd just hear my mother's disapproving silence if I used them. I feel guilty every time I have to throw something out because my city doesn't recycle whatever it is.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Good question. The liners are BPA-free, FDA approved and Kosher. The information is on the Reynolds website under Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners FAQ.
    Sounds good to me
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread