+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

Of the ones you mentioned I've only had millet. I just didn't like the texture of it. I prefer quinoa. If I have rice, I try to stick with brown rice, although I do have a weakness for Jasmine rice.

I'm pretty adventurous where food is concerned, so I should probably head off to the natural foods co-op and try some new grains!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love quinoa - it's my usual go-to for grains. I do like hulled barley, as well.
    Count your blessings!

I eat pretty well any grain going. I put a TBS of chia, flax and hemp on my breakfast cereal. The grains Dr Oz is promoting are good for you but he is starting to annoy me with his jump on every bandwagon going diet advice. Teff is a staple in the Ethiopian diet- with all the "ancient" grains you need to get yourself used to the different textures more than anything. If you are used to a soft, white rice then you are now going to have a chewier more dense substitute. It makes you chew longer and eat more complentatively (sp) which if you don't go and eat half a package of oreos (guilty) afterwards you should be on the right track.

My husband and 3 kids are fit and thin because we eat healthy. I eat too much and will binge on crap which is why I am not a size 2.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've learned to keep in mind that "thin" does not necessarily always mean healthy. Don't let the form fool you. Learned that from a "thin" girlfriend who taught me that fact.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I've learned to keep in mind that "thin" does not necessarily always mean healthy. Don't let the form fool you. Learned that from a "thin" girlfriend who taught me that fact.
    I completely understand but in the case of my situation I have to say thin does mean healthy fit. Not skinny, amaciated, sickly. They are swimmers, lifeguards, runners etc. I am a reality show addict instead.
    That was a great message! And I've had a terrible day, so thank you.I love random acts of kindness.Really, realy appreciated.Scott- RIP SDL<3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

My friend is thin but not emaciated or sickly, but I've also never known her to be physically active, either. She's an artist, and that seems to be how she gets her exercise; she paints.....nothing that requires any real moving around. I totally believe in physical activity! My son, at age 28, has finally gotten the hint about how good it can feel, after years of watching me do all of my things.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Even though Crock pot liners have been around forever, I just started using them...Oh! They are wonderful.
    The cleanup is fast and easy. I could kick myself for not using them before now.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Even though Crock pot liners have been around forever, I just started using them...Oh! They are wonderful.
    The cleanup is fast and easy. I could kick myself for not using them before now.
    I didn't even know they had them for the crock pot
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Me neither... who's been keep'n that secret from me.. and WHY???? I gotta get one of those!

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yup! I find them with the foils and storage bags. I use Reynolds SlowCooker liners. They are like a brown n serve bag except for the crock pot.
    They fit 3 to 6.5 quart cooker.
    You've got to find them Fanny Mare. They are great!
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread