+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree418Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Re: General Food Talk

I wonder if garlic cloves can be frozen.
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Do you have a measuring cup with oz. measurements? In soup, I can't imagine an exact measurement would be that critical.
    -Ooops! I guess I was behind on that discussion and didn't realize there were more pages of answers.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey Air Blobs Easy Champion inthegarden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It really does suck. I suffer with SAD, and it hits me hard. I love veggie chili
    Have you ever used an Ottlite lights or bulbs? I use the bulbs in my drafting table lights and in my lamp I use for reading. I love the natural color. I do a lot of detail work and the light is easier on my eyes.
    There are other brands of natural lighting beside Ottlite.

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Have you ever used an Ottlite lights or bulbs? I use the bulbs in my drafting table lights and in my lamp I use for reading. I love the natural color. I do a lot of detail work and the light is easier on my eyes.
    There are other brands of natural lighting beside Ottlite.
    I have tried the lights. They don't work for me.I wish they did, and I really tried seevral for quite a few years. I am so glad they work for you inthegarden
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love, love, love Trisha Yearwood's Saturday morning cooking show. Her recipes are simple and speak to me with their ease.

I awoke to the smell of my pot of white beans seasoned with the smoked turkey drumsticks in the house this morning! Amazing! I cooked them last night....guess what I had for breakfast this morning??!!!

Hard to believe that I posted that I cooked something!!!
    Ellen, Brooks, Jamie5632 and 2 others like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Tomorrow is National Pancake Day! I've already made plans to go to IHOP for supper with a friend and get our free short stack of pancakes. I'm also going to get a side of bacon and milk. I've planned everything in my food tracker down to the boysenberry syrup so I can enjoy my pancakes and still stick to my diet.
    Brooks likes this.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Yes, here is the link for IHOP National Pancake Day. In return for the free short stack, they hope you might consider leaving a donation to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals. IHOP National Pancake Day - February 5, 2013

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

My friend and I ended up eating at Village Inn the other night. There was a line of people out the door at IHOP and we didn't want to wait so we were willing to give up a free short stack of pancakes. We still had a great breakfast supper.
    Current Pools: Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Face Off 7: TBA

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I could eat jalapeno poppers all day long!! A now-deceased friend of mine used to pronounce 'jalapenos' as "jop-a-lee-nos"...he was like a poor man's Rich Little! He had his own vocabulary.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I've a recipe for Waldorf Salad using wheat berries. It calls for non-fat yogurt but anytime I have eaten regular Waldorf Salad it has been with mayonnaise. I'm sure I could substitute the mayo for the yogurt but I am wondering if there would be a big taste difference between the two.

+ Reply to Thread