+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree533Likes

Thread: General Food Talk

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: General Food Talk

I've always kept my stone in my oven, just by happenstance; that's where they seem to fit best and be the most at home. Maybe that's why they work like they do.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    When I had kids at home, we had two of the juice containers with the plunger that mixes frozen juice in seconds. I love the little brown, square scrapers that are good on stoneware and anything non-stick. Their ice cream scoops are incredible - I don't know what's in them, but they cut through ice cream like soft butter. Excellent veggie peelers.
    I love those pitchers! I use one for Crystal Light. It's my one non-healthy splurge. (at least beverage-wise) The rest of the time, it's water or iced tea.

Good info about the ice cream scoop. Maybe I'll get that for my dad for Christmas. He's always looking for a better one.

I also have one of their scrapers for the cutting board. It's great to get everything off and into the pan in one swoop, so to speak.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

IIRC from a long-ago PC party, the ice cream scoops have (safely enclosed) something similar to antifreeze which prevents the metal from getting cold enough for the ice cream to stick.

I like that little brown scraper, too when I can find it. It likes to get lost in the utensils drawer!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I have about 5 of them... I keep 2 on the "soap dish" next to the kitchen sink where I rest my dish brush, and the rest in the drawer.
    Count your blessings!

Thomas' has a Holiday Limited Edition Cranberry English Muffin that is so good! I'm having a love hate relationship with them at the moment. Toasted with cream cheese or toasted with Orange Marmalade.

Oooooh. That sounds good. I've been watching for Ben and Jerry's holiday special flavor... pumpkin cheesecake. I haven't seen it, but our store seems to carry a limited selection of their flavors. Anyone seen it at their store? I will hunt it down if I know for sure they're making it this year.
    Count your blessings!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I tried checking Ben & Jerry's website first to see if they had a news release about it but couldn't find it mentioned anywhere.

Then I did a Google search and found an article posted 3 days ago about someone who found it at Walmart.
    Eating Every Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream Flavor

I checked Walmart's website and they have it listed! So try checking Walmarts in your area or see if your local grocery store can special order it for you. It's available now.
    Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream & Novelties : Frozen Foods - Walmart.com

If only I shopped at Walmart....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It might be available elsewhere, too, if you avoid Walmart. I'm sure they're not the only ones who sell it.

Thank you pikachu!!!!! I did a google search and it looked like it had come out around Halloween, so I figured as a limited edition it would be over by now, but I'll start looking again. It is one of those flavors that I can't resist, so shouldn't buy often. I try to stock ice creams I can eat just one or two spoonfuls and feel satisfied, but Pumpkin Cheesecake seems to empty itself somehow.
    Count your blessings!

+ Reply to Thread